So what would you guys do with $4k

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
The bike is (hopefully) being picked up this weekend, and I'm gonna have $4k towards making the D fast...I'm thinking 200ish to the wheels...

I'm thinking somewhat about just boosting it on stock internals, but I dunno if It'd be worth it....

Suggestions anyone? I can't spend more than 4 grand on all the turbo shit, including engine management and tuning and such...

let's hear it.

build the motor the right way. dont half ass it.
then see how much you have left.
continue saving in the meantime of getting the motor built. that money goes towards custom turbo setup.

just put a kit together and tune it with crome. i wouldn't spend more than 2k altogether. you could do a decent d series setup with that much. and save your money for suspension upgrades

naw man, your suspension is just great. i would actually suggest you get springs in the front and cut those to.

T3 60-1
OBX Mani :)))
Muffler Shop piping
Cheap BOV
Decent Wastegate
DSM Injectors
P28
Crome

Call it a day. Your probably close to 3k with that setup. Might wanna put up for a LC-1

Quoted post[/post]]
naw man, your suspension is just great. i would actually suggest you get springs in the front and cut those to.

i was kidding about this.

Quoted post[/post]]
T3 60-1
OBX Mani :)))
Muffler Shop piping
Cheap BOV
Decent Wastegate
DSM Injectors
P28
Crome

Call it a day. Your probably close to 3k with that setup. Might wanna put up for a LC-1

do this, and buy some nice lowering springs and shocks. maybe some neuspeeds and some kybs agx. your car will be 1000x better. you will enjoy it so much more. It will be a whole new car.

my buddies both made 200+ to the wheels on 1k setups on vtec d series motors. one on a 14b, one on like a small ish t3.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

i was kidding about this.

My jaw dropped to the floor for a couple of seconds before I saw your second post. I was gonna have to e-slap you. Neuspeed race springs and konis would get my vote for a decent budget suspension.

Quoted post[/post]]
save for a house.

With 4k? :blink:

use some of the money to build the engine, then put the rest in a 3 month CD, and then use it for the turbo build.

I'd recommend saving up another $2.5K and buying yourself a nice EG, preferabley one with a GSR swap, maybe some Tein coilovers, 4 wheel discs. I understand bargains such as that can be had on occaision..

Seriously, though. I just picked up a 90 crx for $1200 off of craig's list ostensibly for my son. Its really fun to drive, I think a turbo d series would be nice for the handling. can't beat the stock weight distribution.

Back