So whats the potential

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MitsukillinS2K

What do you think the potential of the D15B7 is should i just get a new motor or should i work the one i got? Im about to get a new one for my EG today so i can have a running car. Should i just scrap the old one or rebuild it?

It really depends on what you are looking to do.
If youre looking for something really quick, I'd say swap it out for a B Series.
You can make decent numbers out of a D, but its alot more work than it is worth, when you are looking for something really quick.
IF you just want something decently fast for a daily driver, rebuild it and get a turbo for your D15B7. You'll see nice gains and on a rebuilt D15 and good tuning.

The D15B7 can actually make quite a bit of power if you do your research. It's not any more trouble to build than any other engine- you just have to know what to get to make it worth your cash. Don't shell out crazy amounts of money for aftermarket parts. The beauty of the D series engines it that you can use a ton of OEM stuff that most people just throw away to pick up significant gains on the dyno.

Back