1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So whats the potential

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by MitsukillinS2K, Jan 13, 2007.

1. MitsukillinS2K

MitsukillinS2K New Member

What do you think the potential of the D15B7 is should i just get a new motor or should i work the one i got? Im about to get a new one for my EG today so i can have a running car. Should i just scrap the old one or rebuild it?

2. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

It really depends on what you are looking to do.
    If youre looking for something really quick, I'd say swap it out for a B Series.
    You can make decent numbers out of a D, but its alot more work than it is worth, when you are looking for something really quick.
    IF you just want something decently fast for a daily driver, rebuild it and get a turbo for your D15B7. You'll see nice gains and on a rebuilt D15 and good tuning.

3. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

The D15B7 can actually make quite a bit of power if you do your research. It's not any more trouble to build than any other engine- you just have to know what to get to make it worth your cash. Don't shell out crazy amounts of money for aftermarket parts. The beauty of the D series engines it that you can use a ton of OEM stuff that most people just throw away to pick up significant gains on the dyno.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted