so....whos going to be 1st for these

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hosmer

I made the millionth post
VIP
img_7084a.jpg

SEMA: Clear wheels steal the show - Autoblog

$2k a piece

thats stupid, why would you enclose your brakes like that? I bet the airflow decreased signifigantly.

yeah, definitely not for driving. i couldn't imagine what brake dust would do to those. i like 'em for some reason. it's like driving with only a tire. but 2k is a little much.

actually, i think that would be cool to see a cheap set of breaks light up red hot then explode. somebody go do this and videotape it.

looks stupid. you won't be able to see through it because they will get dirty FAST, then they will turn brown. Nice... brown rims :) (show cars only)

You could etch a design into them and put lights on em so the pattern would light up. Man, Ricers would jump on that shit like radio tower spoilers.
Of course etching would probably increase the probability of your wheels breaking off...

Well- the etching could be a second layer that is completely non-structural- then you could have unlimited freedom with the shapes you wanted to cut into it, and even have it be a stationary spinner type thing. Imagine the possibilities..

yeah have 2 layers, the top being etched glass.
then put cathode lights inbetween the layers. you could seal them off and have multiple colors. your wheels could look like stained glass and actually glow at night.

Back