so whos the first person thats going to put a K in?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

definitely don't swap it if you are low on funds. plus it would void the warranty. run it to the ground like it was meant for.

nick - yea... in fact, i just found out that my boyfriend will actually get a fit as well and do the swap in his.

he's got the funds... he's the one who gets parts for me anyway. lol

i want it more for it's practicality... he wants it for fun. :) after all, that's how i got my integra back up and running recently. :)

well, i'll let you guys know if i got it... hopefully in my driveway by the end of november.

a local here in indy aquired a totaled one that has front end damage pretty bad put can be fixed the main thing is it went under a semi trailer and roller up hood and got in to the engine. well his palns are to make a set mounts to mount a k-series he works in a machine shop and has access to some older lathes and mills with power feeds and digital readouts he hopes to make prototypes and pattent them

Revival! We have the 'projekt FiT' on its way, and a K20R already on its way to the shop. Give us 2 months for Projekt FiT to be done. Not the first k20 swap, but will it be the first for HS?

I cant believe you are going to do that to a brand spankin new fit.

well, yeah I can..
doesn't make sense to me either. unless it was totally sponsored and didn't cost me more than $1, i wouldn't do it.

Well, it's not MY fit they're doing it to. And yes, we WILL be sponsored... in a way. He works for a shop. It's for 'business' and since it's HIS... no problem. Mine will stay as is for now. Yes, that means we'll have two fits.

:D We're trying to come up with clever plates for both of them... since they'll even be the same color. I came up with FT2BTYD (Fit to be tied) but that's about all... everything else is too long... like 'pinching a fit' i thought maybe i can get away with SHYTFIT and saying it stood for 'Shy The Fit' lol when it would be 'shit fit' :D

To jack and add to calesta's idea..

"Temper" and "tantrum"

Seperate, they'd make sense. Together, they would make more sense.

i think i'm the tantrum. i know artie's got the temper. even the car being blue... they called me smurfette... so i thought of 'smurfit'

Ok... we now have the 5MT Fit... yes, there's two of them. We picked it up last night... K20R is on order... so, we'll see how long before it's in.

Hasport has a K series swap kit under development for the Fit. There is a write up on the swap in the new Import Tuner. Id give you more specifics but the mag is sittin on my toolbox at the shop and its sunday morning.

I'm not worried about all that... we have a shop so parts come to us. ;) I know that it's been done before with the promo Fits and maybe some others... but to the best of my knowledge it will be the first from HondaSwap.

awesome :thumbsup: from what ive read the swap is pretty straight foward (granted you have mounts) and wont cost 8g's like it would for an ef/eg/ej etc. Since the k20/fit swap isnt that well documented, care to explain/list whats needed and needed to be done? (at swaps end ofcourse)

k24 swap is the ONLY mod id do to a fit... well beside brakes and MAYBE springs/shocks/wheels. I could do a fit... i could REALLY do a k20 fit... hmmmm hopefully prices go way down in the next 2 years :D Id daily that.

Well... the plans are to get rid of the rear drum brakes and get the disc brake kit for the rear so it has 4 wheel disc brakes. I might have to talk to Dave at Skunk to help me with that... but I think I can handle it. I haven't considered the k24 yet, but it will come up. ;) From what I know he's got a K20R swap that's headed this way on a truck to be put in when the Civic is done. The clutch that's in there has to go. I like to feel engagement... it's GONE in this car. It's for the person who's not into feeling any response... and due to the drive by wire... it's really odd and you have to time it right so the car doesn't act funky when you take off from a dead stop. I have to say, it's an easy manual to drive if you shift like a Granny... otherwise... it's all bad. So, clutch has to go until swap goes in... I'm afraid he'll ruin the tranny in less than 36k miles. The only problem I'm thinking is that once the K is in... it might lose some driveability. Mugen and Spoon both said the car felt very front heavy and odd at first... so I'm hoping the weight doesn't become a problem... but it should be fun just to do. ;)

As for mine, I'm going to drop it, and just make it 'pretty' because it's a 'mommy-mobile' :)

Last edited:
Tight fit, but it looks like it wouldn't be that hard. Good luck turbo'ing that though...

since the exhaust is in the back, i guess that means you could put it someplace inside the firewall? rofl

Back