So, winter tires everyone?

What tires do you use from October to May?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

awptickes

unimpressed by you
VIP
So, who has put on their winter tires?

I just got done doing them in the driveway, I'll bet my stuck-up neighbors already called the city and lodged a complaint on me....

Here it's the law to use winter tires from October to Easter (called O-to-O, Ocktober to Ostern, October to Easter.) I've been putting it off, because temperatures are still within range of my summer tires, but I get worried when I see everyone else with winter tires.

It'll probably be like last year, and never snow again after I put them on. Oh well. At least I didn't just buy them this time.

Btw, Dunlop Winter Sport M3. What does everyone else use?

Last edited:
TX ftw. I just have "tires". BFG Gforce sports year round on the teggy, I don't recall what are on the jeep. 31" all terrain something

Since my car sleeps during the winter the GF puts on hers, i cant remember the brand but they are hella good and expensive (her mom doesnt skimp out for winter). Since we generally get alot of snow and its gets pretty cold (sometimes -35*C. or -31*F) so they will be coming on soon. Alot of people dont make a big deal over winter tires but they really are good to have, big difference.

i have all seasons on but I for the life of me can't remember what they are.

new winter beater 94 accord is getting 2 snows in the front
edit: 4 Firestone Winterforce on 14" steelies

Truck has 33" Goodyear MTR's

Last edited:
i run all seasons on my mazda... doesnt really snow enough and the snow isnt covering the roads long enough for me to justify straight up snow tires

Kumho Ecsta ASTs thats what my tires are. The summer tires I had before that were Yokohama AVS ES 100s, which for summer tires, did freaking awesome in the snow.

why is all season and M+S in the same category in the poll?
like they say, there are no ALL season tires, only 3 season

wintersport M3's for the win. I had a set on my sti, and i bought another for my 2.5rs.
snow? really? there's snow on the ground? 60-0 in the snow likes it dry pavement. those tires rock.

I got the truck this year, so i don't need snows.

You're absolutely right, I love those tires.

They're awesome below 10C, and they rock at 0C. Great for cold mornings, even before they get warmed up. I'll never buy another brand of winter tires. (Until they stop making them, and then improve the formula.)

General Altimax Arctic. On 15" Steelies. A buddy at work has a set on his A4 for the winter, and says the tires out-grip anything else out there.

I need to replace the tires on my steelies. May just get some stock alloys with all-seasons/put all seasons on then when the thaw comes(haha NJ doesn't get much snow) I'm going to have money to get myself the J-Mags I've been eyeing up.

Jeep + Bologne skins . Whatever, 4wd and dual lockers take care of everything else.

It gets pretty cold at times in my neck of the woods but living in a desert = no snow.

Back