So yea, I suck with spray chemicals

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

About a year or two ago, my cousin wanted me to paint his hood. I already painted it black, and he wanted to clear-coat it so he bought some in a can and this dispenser. I've never used the dispenser before(looks like a gun that attaches to the can), so I try to pop it in, then bam...I done maced myself in the eyes with clear coat. That shit burned.

Well, today, I was cleaning cosmoline(type of oil/grease) from my gun. I decided to use brake cleaner with the straw thing attached. I was spraying into this little nook and all of a sudden the straw shoots off and bam, i get a face full of brake cleaner. Surprisingly, the it didn't burn as much as clear coat. I was walking to the bathroom blind and just flushed my eyes out for like a few seconds.

Yea, I'm retarded. I wear glasses too, but took them off so I could see better(I'm nearsighted)...that was smart.

So, anyone else retarded as me and ever maced themselves with a household chemical?

i've had the random shots of brake clean or PB blaster to the eye/face/mouth

but i think the most memorable time was when my friend was trying to pop the spray top off a paint can to use on another can, it wouldn't come off so he was biting it to pop it off and it sprayed... yea, i was rolling on the ground
thankfully he didn't get a mouthful of paint but he learned a valuable lesson that day

Jesus guys that is why safety glasses are made. I am a TE teacher and I have seen lots of kids protect their eyes from two dollar pair of safety glasses. No matter how uncool you may think it is IT WILL BE BETTER THAN BEING BLIND!

/end rant

lol.

I do have safety glasses(like 3 pairs scattered in various places, one is usually somewhere in my car), but they fog up on me when it's hot outside. Plus, I get too lazy to look for them.

That Neon I bought from B drips all kinds of interesting things in my eyes when I'm under it :lmao:

Other then that, TONS of times with nasty chemicals. We use Aircraft remover a lot, I've gotten that in or around my eye plenty of times, it burns like crazy!!!! :(

cleaning f-16's i got soap and simple green in my eyes all the time. that shit burned like a motherfucker. and we had these shitty goggles to. they were like the rubber ones you see in movies where people are riding through the desert. and it burned your skin. i'm sure it wasn't safe.

see that was my problem i never wore glasses and that is now why i am blind in one eye. guess its time to get a pair so i don't go blind in the other

Back