Soft Clutch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nimblecivic

Ok, hope I can get some help here before dropping cash on a Helms manual.

Just got done changing the oil in my little bros 90 hatch and when I went to start it afterwards I noticed the clutch pedal needs pushed all the way to the floor before the motor will turn. I would say the cable needs adjusting, but he just had a new clutch put in in Dec and when I looked under the hood at where the cable meets the tranny there is a knob which can be turned to adjust the clutch.....but it looks like it's backed almost all the way out.....

I'm wondering if I need to look at this area further or if there's a sensor going out that won't let the car start.....either way I think the pedal does need some type of adjustment so any help would be great...

tighten up the knob and see if it helps if its all the way out your clutch wont disengage if your cable is long enough (like on a non motor swap car) tighten it up and the engagement point will move up (towards you) also check the spot where the knob is in the bracket and follow it down and look at the angle on the cable and make sure its strait and not at a angle cause that can cause it to be spongy and will eventually eat through your cable

buy the Chilton's manual, the Helms is a POS from what I have heard....

-Matt

spyder I gotta hand it to ya, you're the first one I've EVER heard say anything bad about Helms....usually it's the other way around-Chilton and Haynes is trash...

Keeping that in mind, lemme know why you don't like Helms...I'm curious...

:beer:

Back