SOHC and DOHC tranny's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92CHB

I am looking into getting a dohc d-series motor(zc) and I currently have a sohc d-series tranny. Now i read somewhere that there is a difference between the two, is this true? I just wanna make sure my sohc tranny and clutch will bolt up and work fine with my new dohc motor.

I'm pretty sure that any trans would work, and u use the clutch for the transmission. Use the Si trans if you can.

Yes, any D series transmission will work, but no you don't just get the clutch for the transmission. For a 4th gen (88-91) Civic transmission, you want to make sure that your pressure plate size matches up with the diameter of your flywheel (there were 2 sizes, 200mm and 212mm), and that the number of splines on the disc matches up with the number of splines on your transmission input shaft (21 or 22 I think).

Okay thanks for clearing that up. FWIW its going to be a 92-95 DOHC ZC most likely matted to a dx tranny(or si if i can find one cheap).

Back