SOHC build up now soon to boost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

that new edlebrock kit for the d16y8 looks nice and all, my question is you think it

will mount up to the d16z6, i kno the y8 has higher compression, but ur thoughts

and opionions. reason is, if compatible imma build up and boost my lil SOHC, and

afterwards trade-in that t28 for a GT28. let me kno pplz.

I dont see why it wouldnt they both d series motors, you might need to find if the turbo manifold for the y8 will fit the z8 if it doesnt u can always fab 1

Pretty much any turbo kit for a D16Y8 will fit a D16Z6. If it's listed as a D16Y8 only application, it's probably certified by some governing body for legality on only the Y8, and not the Z6. It might be CARB legal on a Y8 but not on a Z6- stuff like that.

they're both d16 blocks, so the mount up of the turbo manifold will be the same...

I'm sure the kit was just built for that y8 so they say its for the y8 like the previous guy said, for the CARB legality of it and what not.

The Kit will work just fine onto the z6. All of the D-series parts work just fine altogether and most of the parts are interchangable. I would know I had a d16y8 motor with a d16z6 header, d15b7 intake manifold, d16z6 transmission, d15b7 flywheel, and the d16y8 clutch before on it. I had most of the D-series parts in my car before and did all my research on turboing that motor and what would fit and what not, but I never went through it. The only difference that I can think of is that the D16y8 is obd2. The JG Edelbrock turbo kit already comes with a new intake manifold which will bolt up perfectly. The piping MIGHT need some customizing to fit but I doubt it, I'm not 100% sure on that since it's made to fit into the 96-00 civic's but it shouldn't be a big problem since a lot of people bought the Greddy Turbo kit for the 92-95 civic's and put it onto the 96-00 civic's.

Back