sohc head on dohc block?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bjfisher

ok probably a stupid question but i just want to eliminate the possibility. d16a6 or d16z6 head onto a d16a1 block? reason being, i have a 84 crx with a dohc d16a1 in it but i want to swap a sohc in it and in order to do a straight up a6/z6 swap is a bitch in that car as far as mounting and everything goes, so would this even work?

Last edited:
lil_red_rex said:
wont work dood...not even close...sorry:(

Do you actually know if this will work or not or are you just speculating. You gave no information to back this up. Is the headbolt pattern different? That would be something this guy would be looking for. I just like it when questions are answered with real information so that we all learn something other than "won't work dood...not even close...sorry".

Bolt pattern, coolant passages etc- you can even find the answer to this one on Google. It's been attempted, but it just won't work.

I've heard of someone putting a SOHC F22 head on an H23 block... Why, I don't know, but it has been done...

yeah that works, even the H22 head works on an F22 block. As far as the question at hand, the D series A6/Z6/Y6 do not fit on to the D16A1

killercannible shut ur fuckin mouth.....if he wanted to know why it wont fit or work he can ask me....shut the fuck up dood....who are u to say why didnt u back ur answer up...simply because it wasnt needed....he asked if it worked and i gave em an answer...no.....go treadjack sumone elses thread u fuckin noob....ur a dumbass and should be banned for that post u fuckin retard:headsmash:

wow, lil harsh dont ya think. also, calling someone a noob is kinda frowned upon when you only have 45 posts.

lol..sorry dude....but i couldnt log into my old "mr.si" account which i had about 250 posts and i worked on hondas since i was 10...not to be a showoff but i know my stuff....ive done many many swaps....including an ls-vtec into my buddies crx and doing the wiring myself....did a mini me for my brother and installed the motor in his hatch....my own 90 civic 4dr with a mini me converted to obd1 and wired for vtec and mpfi because it was a dx....i aint a noob bro..lol...sorry bout the harshness tho bro....i just hate when ppl get on me like that:lol:

Well, calm down a bit when stuff like that comes up- it wasn't even a personal attack on you! Don't go telling people that they're going to be banned either- especially when you don't have the power to do so.

Calesta said:
Well, calm down a bit when stuff like that comes up- it wasn't even a personal attack on you! Don't go telling people that they're going to be banned either- especially when you don't have the power to do so.
Shut up Mike or i'll ban your ass!!!! lol uh ok, please don't send me on a vacation :lol:

and as far as the F series head on an h22, I read in a magazine some where that the head needed to be welded on but the more I think about it, any head will go on a block if you weld it so IDK lol

B16RacerN2NR said:
Shut up Mike or i'll ban your ass!!!! lol uh ok, please don't send me on a vacation :lol:

and as far as the F series head on an h22, I read in a magazine some where that the head needed to be welded on but the more I think about it, any head will go on a block if you weld it so IDK lol
Nobody talks to my favorite asian like that!!! :newbie: :)

Wow, way to throw a tantrum! All i was saying is that for everyone to take something away from this thread with a better understanding of honda engines, including me because i didn't know if this was possible, your answer was lacking. Its fine though someone else had the answer that you didn't.:D

B16RacerN2NR said:

:p

If I could ban you for just 12 hours, I'd do it right now. :D

MikeBergy said:
Nobody talks to my favorite asian like that!!! :newbie: :)

w3rd

Don't mess with the yellow posse.

Why?....are your legs too short???

I have seen some taller asians, but now that you mention it I don't know any asians that sprint. Long distance, pole vault, high jump, but not sprinters...

yep your probably right you wouldnt beat a horse..not even a slow one!

me neither...I ran 1500 and 300 meters my soph year in H.S. mediocre at best, but if not for my lungs, I would have really sucked. My fastest 400 meter time was 72 seconds.

d.b.cooper said:
I have seen some taller asians, but now that you mention it I don't know any asians that sprint. Long distance, pole vault, high jump, but not sprinters...

yep your probably right you wouldnt beat a horse..not even a slow one!

me neither...I ran 1500 and 300 meters my soph year in H.S. mediocre at best, but if not for my lungs, I would have really sucked. My fastest 400 meter time was 72 seconds.

Eh? I was talking about beating dead horses as in pummeling one with a baseball bat, not racing one.

As for short legs, nope. I'm only 5'9", and while I don't have long legs, they're not short either.

Running track, I never did anything longer than 400 meters, and that was only in an emergency. The last time I got was way back in middle school, although I did train for the track team in high school- just never had time to compete. 12.0 second 100m, 54 second 400m, did the high jump, did the 110 hurdles in 14.x seconds, had a 35 inch vertical (more like 30 now, but working on getting it back), and ran the mile in 6 minutes flat and the 5k in 19 minutes flat (never in competition). They weren't the best of times, but I think they're respectable. I can still make a mile in 7 minutes now, but there's no way I'm getting to 5k (3 miles) in the shape I'm in now.

So yeah- I would beat a dead horse, and a slow one too- if I was racing it. ;)

Doing some dirty math, a 12.0 second 100m run comes out to 18.75mph on average through the whole length of the sprint, so at that speed I would be pushing just over 20mph by the end of the 100m stretch. I don't think that's bad at all.

Back