sohc revlimit ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I was reading in the reference material and it said that my ecu should have a revlimit at 7600rpm. My car hits revlimit at 6500 rpm. I have no cel or nothing. My car is a 94 civic with the d16z6 and it run fine. I was just wandering if my car is messed up or is that the stock revlimit.

damn 6500?? my y8 i usto have redlined at like 7200 i think..vtec at 5800 that redline sounds like a b20 redline but if its a p28 then that aint the case..hmmm..shoot just say screw it and have kenji chip u one to run 7800 *evil grin*

I took my ecu out of my car and took the cover off of it and there is no burt spots on the chip board and everything looks fine to me. The cod on the ecu is 37820-P28-A02. I am stumped.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
I took my ecu out of my car and took the cover off of it and there is no burt spots on the chip board and everything looks fine to me. The cod on the ecu is 37820-P28-A02. I am stumped.
Try using a friend's ecu and see if that helps?

is it a vtec engine,and where does the redline start on the tach

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Try using a friend's ecu and see if that helps?

is it a vtec engine,and where does the redline start on the tach
My car is a 94 civic with the d16z6 and it run fine
Affirmative. :)
(and probably ~7500 on the tach)

your limiter should be @ 7,200 because thats where the redline is on those motors.

I used my friends ecu and it did the same thing. It the revlimiter at 6500. Then my friend tried my ecu and his car went to 7600 before hitting the revlimiter. So it is not my ecu. What elso could cause my car to do that?

if its not warmed up it might do the same thing. a lot of times vtec wont hit and you will be limited early if you try to push your car too quickly.

when my lude was running i would hit the revlimiter in my parking garage at work all the time (6500). but when i was getting on the highway it would hit at 8,000 like normal.

Back