SOHC Vtec Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ACE4DOOR

I have a 92 4door Lx, my original plans was to put in a CRV engine, but unfortunatly money is very tight, and it will be that way 4 a long time :sad: . Do you guys think it would be worth it to put a D16z6/D16y8 in, because my man has a healthy stock 95ex that's fuckin up stock LS's(That shit moves). Also should I go 4 a z6 or a y8, and how much power should I expect doing C.A.I, headers, exhaust, engine tunning, and maybe a perfomance intake manifold. I can get Single Vtec's cheap where I live.

If you have 1800 dollars or more to spend then you should get a b16a2 from hmotorsonline.com, its a really popular swap and it drops right in. As for getting the SOHC V-tec, I really dont think it would be worth it unless hes giving it to you then you could put that engine in your civic as a replacement until you can get enough money for a real swap. Adressing the question you had about the power you would see from doing the mods you said, Id say you might reach 130-140whp.

Now tack shipping , installing, and fixing anything that's wrong onto that $1800.

Oh yea i forgot about that. In all if you swap a b16 it will cost about 3000-3500 dollars depending on if you install it yourself and how many problems you run into.

:werd:

The Z6 or Y8 are both great low budget powerplants for your car. They both make about the same amount of power, so either one would be fine for your car. The Z6 does have the advantage of matching your car's OBD revision though, so it might be easier to wire in (if you use its sensors).

Back