1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sohc Vtec

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by cerx, Feb 9, 2003.

1. cerx

cerx Junior Member

Is it worth putting a sohc vtec (95 ex head) on a crx hf block, WIll i be able to rev as high? WIll i gain enuff power to make it woth it? WIll i be able to hear vtec kick? I i can get a complete head package for 200 dollars, if its not worth it what other kind of suggestions would anyone have for pulling some pwoer out of my d series motor because i cant decide if i wanna go b16 or stay d series for a while. No one in my town hase a solid d series motor and i just wanna do something different.

THanks

2. koi_killa

koi_killa Junior Member

Is it worht it? Well that all depends on the amount of power you want to make. You will gain some power, and make a few more than a stock d16. You ill also be able to rev higher, due to the relativley short rod. One thing you should deffinatley thing about it new rods. d15 rods a like toothpicks, and if you stress them they will break. Hope this helps

Zee

P.S. I have a d15 myself and plan on doing the mini me swap as well. hehe

3. cerx

cerx Junior Member

When you say rods, what kind of rods should i put in, i have another article going about putting ls rods into my d series motor, is it possible. THe other thing you left unanswered was will i be able to hear vtec kick and feel it pull.

THanks alot for your help.

4. teal_dx

teal_dx Member

if you put a vtec head & right ecu in and you wire it up correctly, you will hear & feel vtec. if you wanna hear it louder get a short ram intake.

5. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

You can't put just any LS rods in it has to be the 1st gen I believe there was some talk about this in the engine building forum.And I don't know if it was in reference to a D15 or D16.

6. Havok

Havok Senior Member

7. red95solsi

red95solsi Senior Member

you can put the 1st gen ls rods in it the ones that are in the d16a1 dohc nonvtec should be easy to find at a junkyard

8. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Yea bt will they fit a D15 with a 3.5 mm shorter stroke?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted