sohc zc motor swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phengnhou

hi everybody. i just had a quick question and i hope you guys could help me out.

i am going to buy a sohc zc motor. is this motor good. what is the spec's on it.

i am going to throw it into my 91 civic hb. does this motor just bolt right in. couldi us my d15 tranny, ecu and wiring harness?.

what are the things that i'm going to need on this motor to do my swap. are there going to be any extra wiring that i need to hook up.?

aite thanks....

pheng

:search:
-yes ur tranny will bolt up
-dependig on if your hb is a dx you will need to do a MFPI conversion
-SEARCH for specs on the motor to see how much hp it has and dertime ur self if its enough for u.. id go with a DOHC zc if i was gona go with a zc
-D series bolts right up to D series, you might need to exchange mounts but not sure... do some searches

i did a sohc zc swap im my old 91 civic 4 door its all the same just drop in the new motor its a 1.6 sohc rated at around 135 hp and i think 120ftlbs of torque but im not sure of that it runs like a fuckin champ but you might want to put in like a stage 1 or 2 clutch cuz the stock clutch sucks the original motor had like 94 hp i went through two clutches before i realized that also d16 parts work on a zc

Originally posted by prelude2perfection@Sep 24 2004, 11:19 AM
i did a sohc zc swap im my old 91 civic 4 door its all the same just drop in the new motor its a 1.6 sohc rated at around 135 hp and i think 120ftlbs of torque but im not sure of that it runs like a fuckin champ but you might want to put in like a stage 1 or 2 clutch cuz the stock clutch sucks the original motor had like 94 hp i went through two clutches before i realized that also d16 parts work on a zc
[post=394288]Quoted post[/post]​

Nope. SOHC ZC = D16A6 with a different cam. It's rated at 120ps, which would put it around 115-116hp. The torque is something more like 100lbft. 120lbft is more than the B16, and there's no way it's anywhere near that.

By the way, a "stage 1" or "stage 2" clutch means absolutely nothing. Maybe if you write "stage 2" on the clutch with a permanent marker it'll hold up to abuse better.

:lol:

Originally posted by Calesta+Sep 24 2004, 12:48 PM-->
prelude2perfection
@Sep 24 2004, 11:19 AM
[post=394288]Quoted post[/post]​

Nope. SOHC ZC = D16A6 with a different cam. It's rated at 120ps, which would put it around 115-116hp. The torque is something more like 100lbft. 120lbft is more than the B16, and there's no way it's anywhere near that.

By the way, a "stage 1" or "stage 2" clutch means absolutely nothing. Maybe if you write "stage 2" on the clutch with a permanent marker it'll hold up to abuse better.

:lol:
[post=394331]Quoted post[/post]​

lol

Back