sohc zc questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tealed9

First off, I have a 91 crx Si, all stock. Im pretty sure the timing belt broke the other day, so if the head does have bent valves, Im not really interested in putting money into rebuilding it, and just looking at getting a sohc zc for now, because ive heard theyre very similar to the stock a6 motor that I have.

Does the distributor require the same adapter that the dual cam version does, or does it just plug in?

Will the timing belt, water pump, and timing tensioner be the same as what's needed for the a6? Or is there a combination of stuff needed like the dual cam version does?

Is all the vacuum routing the same as the a6? If not does anyone know what might be different?

Is the rear main seal the same between both of these motors, or is there some difference? If there is, what would it be?

Ive scanned through most of the zc threads on this forum and didnt really come up with anything that is being asked or specified in what Ive brought up, if there is, sorry I mustve overlooked, but otherwise thanks in advance, I need to get this car back on the road, and Id like to keep it running like it was before this belt broke:D

Back