Sohc Zc Vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gota sohc zc in my 89 crx si with 89 integ ecu runs pretty smooth, is their any way to turn on vtec though? my crx wiring harness does't have a extra port for the vtec clip right under the vtec solinoid I just left it disengage is their any way to hook it up without using those expensive vtec controllers? Thanks...

P.s saving 300$ for vtec controller but gonna take a long long time from now for it.

it's a sohc the dohc are the ones that dont have vtec the sohc jdm motor I have is just like the D16z6 motor it HAS vtec or their would't be a vtec solenoid on the head....

uh dude i do not think that it is a ZC if it says VTEC on the valve cover... if you motor says ZC on the block then it is NON-VTEC, and to the best of my knowledge you cannot put a vtec head on a ZC, but i could be wrong on that one... and if you have a vtec motor, you have to add wires to you harness to hook vtec up. But again i do not think there is such a thing as a vtec zc...

Buddy, it's not a zc. It's a jdm d15b. Trust me i did extensive research on these swaps and came to rest on the dohc zc. The only other possibility wouldbe that the previous owner place a sohc vtec head onto the sohc zc block. But i don't know if that is possibly

its possible to put the sohc head on the zc block u just need a grip of mods to get it to work..and regarding teh d15b that motor is hot as hell i hade one like abouyt 2yrs ago it has 3 cam profiles the regular lobe, that fatty vtec lobe, and a tiny little lobe ot save fuel....and i remeber gitting like 40+mpg on the freeway crusing at 75mph when i used to work lik2 60 miles from my house...that motor is hot and im thinking of getting a another one for a daily driver becaseu it will get 40+mpg on the freeway and still run a mid 13 in a CRX chassis....

Damn,I thought this had been squashed already,YES there is a SOHC vtec that has ZC stamped on the block.ZC are pretty much D series,just renamed in the other parts of the world.It was in the delsol EG1/VGi,the civic EJ3 EXi,EJ3 Coupe,EH1 RTSi and the Domani MA4 Vi.

and didn't you say that you had the integra ecu?? which integra and did that integra have vtec because if it didn't i wouldn't think that you could make it engage or have the right amount of fuel going to it

Yes thank you finally someone agrees to me that I have vtec on my freaking sohc zc... The ecu I have is a(PG6) integra 89 stick does't have vtec it's off the Dohc non vtec integras.
Also will the p28 work better or the PG6 on my sohc because the Pg6 is from a 89 dohc non vtec motor and the p28 is off a sohc vtec just like my motor I'v heard that the pg6 has better fuel mapping and is more aggressive???

If your running a SOHC vtec,then you need a ECU for such a motor (P28 is great for it),not a non vtec,DOHC.So yes go pick up a P28,put it in a feel the difference.

Well if you are going to run a P28 you'll need an aapter harness. Ask around someone on here makes them, or you can make one yourself. You either need a P28, or a VTEC switch. you can use a RPM switch, Shift light, or a VTEC controller with your current ECU.

Well I Have A Zc 2nd Gen Going Into A 88 Crx Hf!!!can Any Body Help With A Diagram To Conect The Harness That Goes To Resistor Box It Does Not Match Up!!!!!!!!!

Well I Have A Zc 2nd Gen Going Into A 88 Crx Hf!!!can Any Body Help With A Diagram To Conect The Harness That Goes To Resistor Box It Does Not Match Up!!!!!!!!!

Three year old threads are probably not good to dig up to ask an unrelated question.

Anyway, I think there is such a diagram in the reference section, but maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back