sohc zc vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cavrx

i swapped a d16 z6 head onto my sohc zc block and now i get a slight valve knock under load situations. I had the head rebuilt before installation so all the parts are good i hope. I also just checked all the valve adjustments and timing adjustments. All is on time.
I was told due to having the dohc zc pistons maybe the compression is to high for the octane we are so highly deprieved of.
i also have a full msd set up with the ngk plugs. All else is good though she runs as strong as my boys b16a maybe a lil' better. very impressive for a sohc.
Any info would be appreciated!!!!!

It's probably detonation, not "valve knock". If you have the DOHC ZC pistons in there, your compression ratio will be around 12:1. Go get it tuned.

Hey, sorry to steal your thread, but I have a few questions. I also have a SOHC ZC, and was thinking about doing the z6 head swap. Was it any different from doing the swap on a standard A6? Also, are you using the RPM switch, a feild controller? Thanks in advance.

Chris

Same thing- the SOHC ZC is the same as the A6 except for the cam.

Back