sohc zc with z6 head???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zackzerr

Well to start off i have a full running sohc zc. I also have a full d16z6 with a spun rod bearing. My question is do you have to bore out the oil passages in the block to accommodate for the extra oil flowing from the v-tech head? Is this worth the work considering it will we for my daily driver? Thanks for the help.

No drilling at all. You just remove the oil jet plug on the block next to the 2 and 3 cylinder under the head then install z6 head. You have to run a p28 ecu and get a vtec sub harness and a jumper harness if your car is odb0. You will also need a odb1 dizzy. I ran a zc mini me in my 91 si and it was fun to drive and when I switched to a complete z6 the zc was more powerfull in my opinion .

ya i have the p28 and full obd1 harness. Im in the process of switching harness from headlight to tail light. It is goin into a 89 hatch. do you know what kinda of power range in looking at? i heard im looking at around 130ish

All you need to switch is the engine harness.

i have a boomslang jumper harness but two wires are broken at the clip. how would it work if i was to just switch the engine harness? where they clip together at the fire wall is different i thought

Back