1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sohc zc ?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by cavrx, Aug 7, 2003.

1. cavrx

cavrx Senior Member

ok finally got the motor in all the wiring in dx-zc and i go to crank it and it wont start. is there any thing on these motors that go bad sensors ect. .?

2. cavrx

cavrx Senior Member

doe anyone know anything?
    and where can i find a vacuum diagram for the zc

3. 95HatchKid

95HatchKid Member

go to thezcr.com, they can help u there, most of them all have ZC engines. :)

4. HondaMoCo

HondaMoCo Senior Member

it wont turn over or it turns over but wont fire

5. gyallis

gyallis Senior Member

I ha the same problem last year, if it turns over, compresses wan wont start try redoing your distributor setup. I can't remember what it's called but there is a ring there that has to be placed in the right direction. clockwise or counter. It wont hurt to check your distributor, that is if you have the right one.

6. cavrx

cavrx Senior Member

well hard lesson learned on this one. i racked my brain for a week and finally found the problem. no compression!!!! cylinders 1 and 3 have like 50psi and 2 and 4 have like 120/140psi. . should of done the test with the engine out huh? dumb me i guess. good thing is the motor has a 6mth warrenty which is good for a jdm motor.plus the engine dist. is not far from my house so i just have to go get a new one. this time takeing a jump box and compression tester with me.... :spin:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted