1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sohc zc

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by hondadude199, Dec 22, 2003.

1. hondadude199

hondadude199 New Member

whats the diffrence between a SOHC ZC vtec and the z6? If I put a z6 head on a sohc zc block wouldnt that bump the cr to 12:1. would all the internals in the zc head work in the z6 head

btw I found the cr stuff here

2. Kracer427

Kracer427 Senior Member

did it say what year the "sohc zc vtec" was from? help as a reference point. Sounds ALOT like it's just a Z6 and if it is, you would have just built yourself a stock z6 (sigh). If it's a D15B vtec that would be different but not ZC material so i'm not sure. Gotta be a 1.6L though to be called a ZC in my book. About building it though, every thing should bolt up fine, just another mini-me it sounds like. You would be slapping a z6 head on a 1.6L bottom end so your hp wouldn't be that much different from the stock 130ish. It's all gunna depend on those pistons, more details needed..... :huh:

3. SolPWR

SolPWR Senior Member

i thought the ZC was non vtec? anyway Im not sure with putting the head on the zc block, but putting ZC pistons in a Z6 will give you that CR. DOnt know if this helps. If you have the Z6 juss work on that instead of getting a ZC

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

If it's not stamped "ZC" on the block, it's not a real ZC. That's all there is to it. The SOHC ZC is basically the same as the USDM D16A6, and the DOHC ZC won't take a SOHC D16Z6 head very easily.

I've never actually SEEN a picture of a SOHC ZC VTEC engine... you're probably just thinking about a D16Z6 that someone's calling a SOHC ZC VTEC.

To get the 12:1 compression that you're talking about anyway, you'd have to run the DOHC ZC pistons in the D16Z6 block.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted