Sohczc In 91 Crx Dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cavrx

i just picked up a 91 crx dx about a month ago for $400. and i just bought a sohc zc froman japanese engine dist. in va. for $400 i know how to work on cars so thatsnot a problem. I just wanted to find a lil info on this motor. I see all types of threads about the dual cam zc just not alot about the sohc zc. I'm in need of a parts list for it so i can get it on the road asap. Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated. Also this is my first honda so im a lil new to this. i usually drive american cars. But i need reliability......

The SOHC ZC is basically a D16A6 bottom end with a slighty more aggressive cam in the head. That's about it. Sometimes you'll get lucky and have the higher compression DOHC ZC pistons in it, but I doubt you'll find any in yours. Go hit my web page if you want to see what my SOHC ZC looked like inside.

For parts, you can pretty much use anything that works on the D16A6.

If this is a SOHC ZC VTEC (which is really a D16Z, not ZC unless it's stamped ZC, then I want you to SHOW me), then you will share parts with the D16Z6.

Ok my tps is broken on the throttle body on the zc. Now can this be replaced bye it self or do you have to do the whole throttle body?

You can replace the TPS on the throttle body. The rivet-type tops can be cut or ground off, then bring the throttle body to the hardware store and find replacement screws or allen-head bolts. I'm sure someone on this forum knows the best size. You'll have to mess with the adjustment for the car to idle and run right too, so be prepared to take a little time with it.

Thanks guys for the info. now for another question. what header will fit the sohc zc? I heard the regular d16 header wont fit right. Is this true?

go with a dc sports header do not go with pacesetter!
and with the exaust it all depends what you like. but ive always been a fan of apexi exhausts

friend go with the DC header you'll love it. I have that engine in my civic 4dr and I'm having all sorts of fun with it. Remeber that no one with a d16 engine (unless they have like a shit load of modifications) is going to beat you B) , so that will be fun believe me. If you get the engine some good mods hey you'll be kicking ass all over the place... watch out for those CRX with b16 engines in them :worthy: if you know what's good for you... you'll have fun believe me my friend

Originally posted by Calesta@Jun 16 2003, 02:45 AM
The SOHC ZC is basically a D16A6 bottom end with a slighty more aggressive cam in the head. That's about it. Sometimes you'll get lucky and have the higher compression DOHC ZC pistons in it, but I doubt you'll find any in yours. Go hit my web page if you want to see what my SOHC ZC looked like inside.

For parts, you can pretty much use anything that works on the D16A6.

If this is a SOHC ZC VTEC (which is really a D16Z, not ZC unless it's stamped ZC, then I want you to SHOW me), then you will share parts with the D16Z6.

:worthy: i really admire ur motor the b20b with the vtech head i was woundering f u can tell me how much u paid and how long did it take to get done and also did u change ur tranny to manual if not did u use the crv tranny :worthy:

Originally posted by lsintegra/w/ls/vtech@Jun 26 2003, 01:46 AM
:worthy: i really admire ur motor the b20b with the vtech head i was woundering f u can tell me how much u paid and how long did it take to get done and also did u change ur tranny to manual if not did u use the crv tranny :worthy:

That's a subject for another thread... but real quick:

1. Search. I've answered questions like these on the board a million times.
2. The B20B/VTEC (not "vtech" dammit) is dead.
3. Read my page- you might find the answers to some of your questions there.

Lastly...

:emofo:

Proper grammar and spelling are good.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jun 26 2003, 01:56 AM
The B20B/VTEC (not "vtech" dammit)

yep. you should make a new username if you plan keep posting on here... otherwise, you'll enduce endless threads of flames wherever you post :p .

Why do people constantly use the words VTEC with such disregard. At least give VTEC enough damn respect to spell it right. It is an acronym, there is no H in it. Please from now on spell it right. If you are lucky enough to be graced with VTEC spell it properly. When will people learn?

Back