Sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IceBolt

Hey i was just wondering

i'm planning on getting a del sol, and swapping in a h22a engine in it, and i want to switch that tranni to a six speed.

is this possible?

what would i use? cuz no other honda or acura has a 6 speed, and the s2000 is a rwd, so i can't use it

no 6 speed sorry (unless you want to sell your right nut and spend 10k on a custom one)

Dont put a h22 in a sol unless your going to be going saight lineing only. Handling sucks with the h22

yeah, i know, but I can just put in aftermarket struts right?

and I hear that del sol's are chick cars... so I'm rethinking that.. like i knew they were before but yeah...

Here are what i'm thinking
: 94,95 Nissan 300zx
: 92-95 Toyota Mr2
: 3rd gen rx7

I'm not sure if these are realistic choices

exactly, who cares if it is a chick car... i've seen that so called chick car make 12 second passes on a turbo GSR motor..

if you were to build a motor right then it is no longer a chick car... and if after your done building it and someone says you have a chick car then tell them this... "race me and lets see whose car is more of a chick car bi#$%" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by IceBolt@Jan 13 2003, 12:46 PM

:worthy: :worthy: MR2 Turbo

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: 300zx TT

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: FD3S Rx-7 TT

But good luck finding any of those in decent shape with reasonable mileage on them, for anywhere near the blue book price. I looked for 2 years for a nice mr2 turbo, never found one :(

Man, that's what I thought about del sols, mod them up and shit

but this one honda guy like roasted me on me liking del sols, and laughed and shit..
the girl i liked looked over and like pitied me or something i never felt more horrible..

it was just ugh!

but yeah i think i can find those in the city, i'm going in the city this summer to find one when i move out...

which ones would you rather have?

Mr2, 300zx, rx7?

Who cares about what people think about del sol's. If you power that thing up it'll fly cuz it's so small. I like them cuz they are unique and that's what customizing a car is all about. You will always see some sort of civic or integra driving around with mods and eventually they all end up looking the same. How many times have you seen a customized del sol driving around? Do whatever the hell you want.

Acura RSX Type-S has a six speed tranny in it but good luck getting one of those since the car is still new. If your car is still faster than theirs is then the opinion about your car about being girlie does not count at all. Tell them "girl cars are not fast in the 1320.....so how about them apples"

Peace*

Originally posted by SolReaver+Jan 13 2003, 03:43 PM-->
@Jan 13 2003, 12:46 PM

But good luck finding any of those in decent shape with reasonable mileage on them, for anywhere near the blue book price. I looked for 2 years for a nice mr2 turbo, never found one :(

i looked for all of those except for the rx7 (rotary scares me) If you find one, expect to sell your right nut for the car, and your left one for insurance. MR2 Turob is in the same catigory as a Lambo countash, Rear engine sports car. same thing with the z and the rex.

And who gives a fuck if they are chick cars, they are a ten year old design that still looks better than any new car on the market for under 30K and it is a convertible but without the shitty winters part. Sols rock.

Plus who would you rather have drooling over your car, some beastly car dude or a hot ass blonde?

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 21 2003, 05:55 PM
i looked for all of those except for the rx7 (rotary scares me) If you find one, expect to sell your right nut for the car, and your left one for insurance. MR2 Turob is in the same catigory as a Lambo countash, Rear engine sports car. same thing with the z and the rex.

And who gives a fuck if they are chick cars, they are a ten year old design that still looks better than any new car on the market for under 30K and it is a convertible but without the shitty winters part. Sols rock.

Plus who would you rather have drooling over your car, some beastly car dude or a hot ass blonde?

:werd:

sports cars in good condition are soo hard to find...especially older ones like the mr2 turbo and the 300z. But if i ever come across one- im gonna have to part with the sol.

About them being chick cars-

The idea is to make your del sol fast enough to where if anyone called it a chick car, you can challenge them to a race and watch them get smoked. They feel even more stupid cause they got whooped by a guy in a chick car :lol:

As to Del Sols being chick cars... About 4 friends and I (all guys) wanted to buy one... I saw a deal on mine and just decided to buy it last week. I've gotten so many comments on that thing from guys... and so many looks from hot girls... and it's below freezing here, can't wait to get the top off

Originally posted by SolReaver+Jan 13 2003, 12:43 PM-->
@Jan 13 2003, 12:46 PM

dude, buy an NA mr2 for dirt cheap and get a rear clip from a jdm turbo... boom you have your turbo mr2 (my buddy is thinking of doing this with his salvaged mr2 he bought for 800 bucks )

Back