Sold The CRX, Bought A 88 RX7 !

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

damn id rock my fc over yalls accords, civics, and integras any day, lay off the hate juice, i dont go on yalls threads and bullshit around

You people are wrecking some of the best, most memorable cars in history. Thanks.

That RX is nice, Good luck with it. Before you need to, I would locate the EFI fuse and get good at pulling it out of it's socket.

Also, start tracking down a transmission for it now.

I don't really think those things are that good for drift, but as a highway missile ? Yes please. That thing can do 120-140 all day long. And after a few miles, the cats will look like under-car neons !

And for god's sake. Let me get you out of this habit right now, before it's too late.

It's not a 1.3 liter. It's a 2.6.

damn id rock my fc over yalls accords, civics, and integras any day, lay off the hate juice, i dont go on yalls threads and bullshit around

Its funny when all the rotory guys want to drag race.....then they lose and its all about DRIFT!

FWD cant drift yo!

Im not saying rotary engines cant be fast Im just saying Rotary engines need a lot of money to be fast and are not at all reliable.

so unless you think you can "rock" a 13 sec integra I would say keep your mouth shut.

Its funny when all the rotory guys want to drag race.....then they lose and its all about DRIFT!

FWD cant drift yo!

Im not saying rotary engines cant be fast Im just saying Rotary engines need a lot of money to be fast and are not at all reliable.

so unless you think you can "rock" a 13 sec integra I would say keep your mouth shut.

In my experience, Yes. Yes it can. As far as reliable, what's so unreliable about them ? 3 moving parts. Can't go wrong !

There are only a few power mods you can do to them. You can't play with valves or timing, you can only really do internals, bridgeporting, and then jack up the exhaust and intake to whatever specs you can afford. Adding a turbo is the big power adder. You pretty much open the hood and throw a turbo in, and close it. But the Turbo is a turbine operating a ... Well, Not "really" but basically another turbine.

The 9000 rpm redline is really only because the alternator, accessory pumps and belts can only spin that fast. Toss an electric water pump on it, clear out the intake path and stop being a wuss about it, and it will come damned close to 13 seconds.

In my experience, Yes. Yes it can. As far as reliable, what's so unreliable about them ? 3 moving parts. Can't go wrong !

There are only a few power mods you can do to them. You can't play with valves or timing, you can only really do internals, bridgeporting, and then jack up the exhaust and intake to whatever specs you can afford. Adding a turbo is the big power adder. You pretty much open the hood and throw a turbo in, and close it. But the Turbo is a turbine operating a ... Well, Not "really" but basically another turbine.

The 9000 rpm redline is really only because the alternator, accessory pumps and belts can only spin that fast. Toss an electric water pump on it, clear out the intake path and stop being a wuss about it, and it will come damned close to 13 seconds.

my cars actually very reliable with the right 70:1 premix, ive never had any problems flooding it, and its and extended bridge street port 13b, with pineapple racing secondary sleeves, port and polished intake with hb header and cold air intake, it made 221 on the dyno jet at southernfresh 2011 and theres a video on their site with a power sheet, its got a turbo lsd rear diff and turbo front brakes, tein springs , and kyb fully adjustable shocks, 550cc primaries and 450cc secondaries, its pretty quick

and everyone that hasnt owned a rotary needs to quit hating unless they have personally owned one, its really not that bad im telling you, i know 100% of the time its going to fire right up and not give me any issues

Here a parts list on my car

88 GXL

turbo front brakes w/ a spare set

kyb adjustable dampers w/ TEIN springs

Street Port 13b FI w SAFC (good compression see notes)

RB long tube single outlet header and custom exhaust to a PF turbo back muffler.

pwr windows, working sunroof wiperless hatch,(w/ wiper is available too)

Aluminum non-turbo hood.

front and rear strut tower braces

Stainless steel brake lines (goodridge)

a bunch of spare parts.

new alternator

Optima battery relocated to rear of car

ported throttle body and Pineapple racing secondary port sleeves

trans is tight and has a short throw lever

GTUs LSD

OMP is removed must run min 70:1 parts tcw-9 premix

what the car looked like in jan 2011 (owner before me rattle canned it black)
IMG_0177-1.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

you will soon see why the owner traded it for a crx. Too much maintenance....Always gotta change plugs, oil changes are constant especially if you run them in town, Apex seals go bad all the time, and get shit fuel economy for the shit power they make.

Oh and I dont see 221 whp on a dyno jet on all motor rotor. I have seen quite a few rotors hit low to mid hundred all motor for base runs.....they always ask why they make so little power.

If its not boosted its a slow turd

Oh and I dont see 221 whp on a dyno jet on all motor rotor. I have seen quite a few rotors hit low to mid hundred all motor for base runs.....they always ask why they make so little power.

If its not boosted its a slow turd

streetport 3rd bridge brother all rotor, and I didnt trade the crx for it, I sold the crx for 2700 and bought the rx7 not running for 1500, fixed it in homeboys driveway and drove it home, have had no issues at all for the last month of daily driving 60+ miles a day, dorve it 200 miles down and and 200 back to go to southernfresh 2 atl a week ago, no issues, quit hating on my shit or gtfo

Last edited:
if it made 221 on the dyno you should have a dyno sheet.. post it up and we'll shut up.. until then its exaggerated claims

streetport 3rd bridge brother all rotor, and I didnt trade the crx for it, I sold the crx for 2700 and bought the rx7 not running for 1500, fixed it in homeboys driveway and drove it home, have had no issues at all for the last month of daily driving 60+ miles a day, dorve it 200 miles down and and 200 back to go to southernfresh 2 atl a week ago, no issues, quit hating on my shit or gtfo

So let me get this....you have a street port, a header, Pineapple racing secondary port sleeves, and run a premix insted of oil injected.......thats NOT a 221whp on a DYNO JET.

Sorry dude Unless you post a vid with dyno numbers im gonna call bullshit. I see way too many Rx7s do single dyno pulls with shitty numbers. Again unless you boost it, its a slow turd.

P.S good luck with the stock apex seals.....they are shit.

Back