Sold the old!! Into the NEW!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you guys are telling me that you dont like the looks of the new tiburons?

sure they arent that fast, but i think they look damn cool. same dude that designed the ferrari f355 designed em.

if all i had was 20 g's and i was buying a new car a tiburon would be one of the first i looked at.
they have nice black all leather interior too :ph34r:

I think the new Tiburons look pretty sweet but I wouldn't touch one with a ten foot pole, regardless of the warranty

give Huyndai about 7 or 8 more years and if they are still around they might be puting out decent cars by then

Ya man, stay away from hyundia. Sure they look great now but what about when its rusting out from under you in two years? Then what huh, whats your plan then?

Id stick to the imports, they just seem to last longer and drive better.

( just not the korean imports )

id wrx it if i was you.

if you can go 26K why not just bump up to 30k and get an STI or a 305Z or a RX8

I saw an RX8 on the road a week ago... F'n sweet
I wanted to race him but he was an old guy (of course) and I don't think he understood what I was trying to signal

I probably would have got smoked but it would have been cool

Originally posted by seanjuan@Aug 14 2003, 10:12 AM
I'd stay away from the Srt4 simply because it really isn't a proven platform yet IMO.

hmmmm not a proven platform you say? what do you say about the mopar neon srt-4????

hmmmmm low 8's anyone?

hows that for proven performance, yeah true carlson has buttloads of cash he received from mopar... but either way its still the same 2.4L 4 cylinder in all srt-4's

*cough cough* 900+hp 4 cylinder FWD *cough cough*

thank you and drive through

Originally posted by 2 litre EG@Aug 14 2003, 04:04 PM

hows that for proven performance, yeah true carlson has buttloads of cash he received from mopar...

enough said right there, it's a frickin factory corporate sponsored drag car, it doesn't even have a neon body on it any more

we are talking about cars that can be bought from a dealer showroom for under 26k

if i had 26k id either drop it on a new evo or buy like a 95 nsx

Originally posted by micah@Aug 14 2003, 04:28 PM

no tiburon eh :D

im all for the STi or an Evo 8, either of those would be sweet to drive around in

if you're leaning towards an RSX-S get a TSX instead, those are sweet

i said tiburon for under 20 grand. i still would go for one. regardless of what everyone else on here thinks i like em :blink:

26k opens up a few more options. mid 90's nsx would defintly be my first choice if i had 26k

Originally posted by seanjuan+Aug 14 2003, 01:24 PM-->
2 litre EG
@Aug 14 2003, 04:04 PM

hows that for proven performance, yeah true carlson has buttloads of cash he received from mopar...

enough said right there, it's a frickin factory corporate sponsored drag car, it doesn't even have a neon body on it any more

we are talking about cars that can be bought from a dealer showroom for under 26k

actually yes we were talking about that but the fact is you said ITS NOT A PROVEN PLATFORM YET... when someone says that i IMMEDIATELY THINK OF THE MOTOR...

so :p

:lol: :lol:

Originally posted by DTEC+Aug 14 2003, 01:26 PM-->
Originally posted by 90 accord@Aug 14 2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by B16@Aug 14 2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Aug 14 2003, 09:28 AM
pissedoffsol
@Aug 14 2003, 10:20 AM
:bash:

you gotta be shitting me

I second that motion.

third

fourth

fifth?

one more... sixth

The Tiburon looks sweet... but think about it... it's a TIBURON. There won't be much aftermarket suport for it, intakes and springs don't count.

Yes, I agree... the SRT-4 isn't a proven platform yet. I'm sure a lot of people thought the SVT Focus was pretty thurough, but look at the recalls in the first year. I'm betting the same for the Neon, no matter what kind of turbos they strap on that thing; it's still the same 'ol neon at heart. Sure 900+hp looks great, but unless you have gobs of money to spend bullet-proofing EVERYTHING, I'd stay away from the Neon. (power front windows, but manual rears?? what gives?)

Chalk one up for the WRX or TSX

my friend just got a TSX...

Good = 2.4 DOHC i-VTEC
Bad = 17" Alloys with michelin tires, and dual exaust (def. not needed)

Originally posted by micah@Aug 14 2003, 05:28 PM

Good luck trying to find a 95 NSX for $26k.

Here in VA they usually run $32k-$48k.

You should look into the Mazda Speed Protege.... It may not be the fastest car (170 hp) but I think it's the best over-all package for under 20k. Racing Hart wheels. Sparco seats, pedals, short shifter. 450 watt cd player with sub woofer. T3 turbo. And the suspension is great, I can't remember what it is though. I like the styling too. Just my .02

The Mazda 6 with the v6 and 5 speed is kewl two... but not worth the $ IMO. For 26k you could get a used WRX and downpipe, exhaust, clutch, etc.....

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Aug 15 2003, 08:27 AM
For 26k you could get a used WRX and downpipe, exhaust, clutch, etc.....

could get a lot more than that, my buddy bought his 02 wrx 4 months ago and paid $16K

Oh man, I need one of those! WRX @ 16k > any fucking Honda under 30K

Back