Solid Light on OBD-0 ECU

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91EDMVTECCRX

I have a solid light on my PWO ECU. What the crap is this all about? It runs, but I have a check engine light. Anybody have any ideas? :confused:

it is running in limp mode. If it is chipped, you probably have a bad program on the chip, which can only be solved by putting a different chip with a good pw0 program on it. Otherwise, there is something wrong with the rest of the ecu itself, and it needs to be repaired or replaced. It's easier to buy another than to find someone that will repair it, given the chance you might never find out what is actually wrong with it. Try putting a new chip in it though, that's the simplest, if it's already chipped.

The ecu that I'm using came with the swap, and its a virgin ecu... its never been chipped. I don't understand why if its in "limp mode" that I was able to start it, run it, drive it, turn it off, and back on again. When I took it for a test drive, it accelerated very quickly and went well past 3k. :confused:

I don't know then. If you have a solid check engine light on your ecu, I don't know what to tell you...

i think even in the haynes and honda technical manuals, a single CEL on an an OBD-0 signals a defect within the ecu itself, the ecu thinks its in limp mode, but its possible it hasent told the engine that its in that mode. Have you disconnected the battery for about 30 min yet to see if it would reset? If it still works fine, then drive the bitch, BUT id suggest ordering another ecu, since chances are that the " virgin " ecu is turning into a deflowered hoe bag that will cause you problems. Where in cali are you? Im in san diego, you can try using my ecu to see if its just a prob with yours.

:D
You can hop on a plane and come to Germany if you'd like, because I'm definitely not in Cali. Give me about 8 months and I'll be at Fort Lewis, Washington. I'm going to try to unplug the ecu, and disconnect the battery to see if that clears things up. I don't know how the ecu would have been fried. I fucking hate computers (yet, I fix them for a living).

ah military too huh? Computers are the damndest things just disconnect the batttery and see if that does it, no need to disconnect the ecu, just take away its power.

Back