Solid transmission mount

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

boostedf22

dis is why im not
95 accord coupe. F22b1 w/ 5spd.

I made the original oem transmission mount solid , by griding the rubber away and attaching 2 plates on each side of the mount. Welding the plates to the center brace sleeve also welding the 2 plates to the mount it's self. Making the motor mount completely solid. After taking the car for its first test drive, I hear a hell of alot of noise. Noise that doesnt sound good to me, you can hear the clutch spinning when the pedal is not pressed. Depress the pedal and the noise goes away. Upon acceration there is a slight whining noise. I feel more vibration in the steering wheel upon accerlation at low rpm. Which I thought was normal for a solid mount.

Anyone using a solid motor mount on the transmission and getting similar feedback from the transmission?
I will add that this transmission is brand new from honda dealership. with about 7k hard driven miles.

Is all this noise just normal??

That's completely normal. The noises/vibrations from the transmission are now being transferred from the transmission through your solid mount to your chassis, which goes from there to everywhere in the car. Remember, you're driving a solid-mount honda, not a mercedes. The vibrations from the engine and tranny are no longer being absorbed by the wimpy-ass urethane mounts.

Don't worry, it's normal.

all that is completely normal ;)

i have two solid mounts... let me tell you some of the noise i hear is unnatural. but its fine.

Back