Solo II classifications

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
well after reading up on some info. from http://www.moutons.org/sccasolo/
I'm not 100% clear on one item.

I know if my car was bone stock, I'd be in HS (H stock)

Then I'm looking at STS (Street Touring - S) and notice that there is a restriction of:
"If your car is a normally aspirated sedan (four seats, four factory seatbelts, not sports-car derived) of 3.1 Liters or less, or one of a few small turbocharged cars specified in the rules, and perhaps prepared further than allowed in Stock Category, it may be eligible for one of the Street Touring Classes."

So this basically eliminates me from STS as the crx is a 2 seater.
yet it isn't sports-car derived. (so I might be able to get into that class)
which I think I'd have a better chance at being competitive

And then looking into SP (Street Prepared) classes.

The rim diameter and tire size change
Relocation of the airfilter and plumbing
change in ride hieght (due to change in springs, looks like the shocks are excepable for stock as they are in the same mounting location,only has one adjustment,etc.. )
and exhaust modified from the header back

These mods would put me in CSP

which puts me with the following dominate vehicles of the class
Pontiac - Fiero V6
Acura - Integra Type R
BMW- M3

looks like I'll need to get some R compound tires in the future if I'm really interestted in the competition, vs. just the fun I've been having.

Go to this site:

sts rules

It says the CRX is not allowed. So yes, if you've changed springs or put in a CAI (or short ram intake), you're in Streep Prepared. Although non-stock rim size also kicks you out of Stock, CART doesn't care what size rims you have in Stock.

You *may* want to see what Prepared or Mod class you'd be running in, and then check the typcial times at CART. You may find you'd be more competitive there. CSP is brutal at Bristol.

hmmm I'll look into that.

and I agree 100% CSP is brutal in Bristol.

I'll have to look into the Prepared and Mod classes.

I can't seem to find info that differentiates between Street Prepared vs Prepared.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Jun 16 2004, 12:49 PM
hmmm I'll look into that.

and I agree 100% CSP is brutal in Bristol.

I'll have to look into the Prepared and Mod classes.

I can't seem to find info that differentiates between Street Prepared vs Prepared.

So brutal...That I had to go turbo on the CRX...just to get away from that sick purple Miata....

D-Mod is fun....

Only have to worry about a few people, and the Saab Smoker...... :ph34r:

But by the way things are looking...I will make the next event ;)

The LSD axles that I've been waiting for...just came today :ph34r:

Can you say 2 WAY LSD B)

do what i do on some video games; buy some off road tires and just cut through the turns through the grass :p j/k

So what class would a b16 crx be in?? The b16 was a stock option in Japanese CRX's so shouldn't it be considered "Street Preped"?

Clayton I was loking at the time on the track this year and I'd get completely killed in CSP. DMOD or DP looks like I'll have more fun.
hope to see ya at the next event

a b16 CRX should be in DMOD imho.

from what I've read a CRX NOC (dx/hf) is not considered stock if you put an Si motor in it, unless you change everything on the DX to make it an Si. but hey htat rule book is somewhat cryptic. also as the b16 wasn't offered in the US it might be considered a limited production, which would put you in DMOD as well.

a swap in a CRX or del Sol will put you in Street Mod 2. EXTREMLY hard class. Around here, I am up against a few turboed miata's, built corvettes, a turboed 911, and a bunch of other crazy cars. One car that is always in there, but actually is kinda illegal for the class is a RWD Cobra swaped FOCUS that makes 500hp! If I ever was to get really compeditive, I would have to call him out so he would run in a full Mod class (D Mod, something like that) because the car uses almost no stock mounting points for suspension.

:moved: to racing.

Not nessisarilly.....IT depends on who tech's you...

I did the full SR5-GTS swap on the AE86...and I could have ran H-Stock..but I had the strut tower bar...so I got booted into CSP.....

But now...when I tech with all the stuff I have done to the car...I'll def'ly be D-mod.

lol. I might have to try that. If people don't really know honda's, I'll just say my cars a VTEC model sol, and run in DSP like I have for the past year.

Back