Some Advice On A better Future Engine...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Spo0led

Got Boost?
Sup im new to this forum, and i got a need for some advice i have in my car already a:
d16a6
Tanabe exhuast cat-back
cold air intake
fuel pressure reg.
Msd coil
Msd dizzy cover..

Now i have the d16z6 head and intake
im just missing the
ecu
wireing hardness
and i guess V-tec controllers..

NOW i also have a b18a full engine that i got from the junkyard for 80 bucks..:D
no tranny
some of the wireing hardness..dont know how much i need
intake and ecu

So, i guess i question is which is the better deal do go with, i got a budget of about 2,500

is it worth it puttin money into the b18a or doing the minime swap a6/z6 building, also i wanna turbo either one sometime inthe future so keep dat in mind

Do you plan to do this work yourself? Are you going to rebuild either of the motors before boost? What are you going to be doing with the car? Does that $2500 include the cost of the turbo and accessories?

A little more info, and a whole lot more grammar/spelling work, and you might head in the right direction.

Umm ima keep the car , i wanna build it up first then boost it, i have the turbo (tdo5h) just not accessories, and yea imma do the work myself

Last edited:
If you intend to use the B18, then you'll need to source a B-series transmission as well...

tru, but im kinda leaning toward the d16 cuz parts are a little cheaper but just wanted to know from some expirenced honda pro which would better road to take

yea i understand sorry for the rush its just a sale was going on and if i was gunna buy something from it i needed to know which engine would be better ya know..didnt want the sale to end

Back