1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

some d16 turbo help

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by crxtacy90, Sep 27, 2004.

1. crxtacy90

crxtacy90 Member

I am boosting a d16 with a homemade turbo but since the engine is out I figured why not build it. My question is what are some good internals for a turbo. I am gonna boost around 12 psi with nos.

I am looking for good stuff that isnt gonna kill my wallet(real bad). I am gonna have the block bored and the head port and polished. Basically an entire build. So what comp. pistons and size cam should I get and who makes some good cheaper ones.

I saw a set on ebay from Nippon but have never heard of them. Has anyone on here used?

One more thing. I have a stock ecu chipped for turbo. Is this gonna keep up with the build or should I sell it and find sumthin better. Sorry its long but this is my first build in an import so I dont wanna screw it up.

2. spydy43

spydy43 Senior Member

What kind of numbers are you looking at getting??
    I have a d16y8 with a t3 turbo running about 210whp. I went with Weisco 9:0.1 pistons for tunability, and Scat rods. Weisco makes very high quality pistons. I got pistons and rods for $750. Once I get an uberdata setup I am hoping to get about 250whp out of my car.

3. Slammed90Lude

Slammed90Lude Senior Member

your goals are more important that what you want to do to the motor- what type of power are you looking to make ultimately?

and a stock ECU with a generic turbo chip is probably not going to cut it for tuning a custom turbu setup and nos- you're going to want uberdata at the least

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

you've got a lot to learn about FI my friend.

i'd go through some of th stuckied articles on the turbo section, as well as the turbo reference articles.

5. Arachnid

Arachnid Senior Member

12 psi on a t3? in any case boosting that high you should get better rods. and then study your ass off like pissedoffsol said.

if it's the seller "quit-quit" then he's ok. bought a set of p29s from him and they turned out legit. nippon is a reputable name....according to some d-series folks.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted