some d16 turbo help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxtacy90

I am boosting a d16 with a homemade turbo but since the engine is out I figured why not build it. My question is what are some good internals for a turbo. I am gonna boost around 12 psi with nos.

I am looking for good stuff that isnt gonna kill my wallet(real bad). I am gonna have the block bored and the head port and polished. Basically an entire build. So what comp. pistons and size cam should I get and who makes some good cheaper ones.

I saw a set on ebay from Nippon but have never heard of them. Has anyone on here used?

One more thing. I have a stock ecu chipped for turbo. Is this gonna keep up with the build or should I sell it and find sumthin better. Sorry its long but this is my first build in an import so I dont wanna screw it up.

What kind of numbers are you looking at getting??
I have a d16y8 with a t3 turbo running about 210whp. I went with Weisco 9:0.1 pistons for tunability, and Scat rods. Weisco makes very high quality pistons. I got pistons and rods for $750. Once I get an uberdata setup I am hoping to get about 250whp out of my car.

your goals are more important that what you want to do to the motor- what type of power are you looking to make ultimately?

and a stock ECU with a generic turbo chip is probably not going to cut it for tuning a custom turbu setup and nos- you're going to want uberdata at the least

you've got a lot to learn about FI my friend.

i'd go through some of th stuckied articles on the turbo section, as well as the turbo reference articles.

12 psi on a t3? in any case boosting that high you should get better rods. and then study your ass off like pissedoffsol said.

if it's the seller "quit-quit" then he's ok. bought a set of p29s from him and they turned out legit. nippon is a reputable name....according to some d-series folks.

Back