some doubts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

elpaisa

well so far i have most of my questions cleared....but before buying the motor i have to order most of engine components, as far as i found out most of the engine parts have to be for h22 like header, and intake. what about the CAT BACK EXHAUST and the catalytic does it have to be for prelude or for the accord...
do yo guys know a good pleace to get the timing belt kit with the wp...
i am not that sure if i have to buy another fuel rail for a prelude 97 to get it work with this swap..
please fellas i only know what i had read in this forum...
thanks alot for all the help
:)

Quoted post[/post]]
well so far i have most of my questions cleared....but before buying the motor i have to order most of engine components, as far as i found out most of the engine parts have to be for h22 like header, and intake. what about the CAT BACK EXHAUST and the catalytic does it have to be for prelude or for the accord...
do yo guys know a good pleace to get the timing belt kit with the wp...
i am not that sure if i have to buy another fuel rail for a prelude 97 to get it work with this swap..
please fellas i only know what i had read in this forum...
thanks alot for all the help
:)

The best way to be prepared for this swap is to get the things you definately will need and be prepared to make a couple more quick purchases as other things arise.

See, I have a 94 LX that I swapped an H22 into and I was prepared to tackle the fuel rail problem just like you. However, once I got my H22, my pressured fuel line was actually long enough to hook right up to the H22's fuel rail and I hooked it right up without modification.

Driver's side motor mount is gonna piss you off. If you can, order one of Hasport's Hydrid mounts now because otherwise you'll end up making one, like I had to do. (which I'll have to post pics of). Also, your throttle cables will end up being too long and you can simply take a piece of sheet aluminum and drill a couple of holes to mount the throttle cables to, so they are snug (which I'll also have to post pics of).

Regarding the exhaust manifold, I bought one for the H22; it ended up being too long. In actuality, if anyone can verify that the bolt pattern at the heads is the same for the Accord as the Prelude, then any aftermarket 4-2-1 headers for the 94-97 Accord should fit in there.

Technically you dont have to worry past the cat, but a hi-flow cat anda cat back system is a good decision. I already had a custom exhaust on there, so I didnt have to worry.

thanks for the reply.
well i have on the accord a 4-2-1 header and the cat so basically this parts from the accord should just bolt in with out problems?
and what else should i know before start buying parts?
what about the other motor mounts accords or preludes?

I dont think an accord header will bolt onto an H22, i think it bolts onto the H23, but not the 22. If you get a H22 from Hmotors the header will be attached, but i dont know if it will bolt to the downpipe

the exhaust you have on your car is for your car (the chasis) so dont worry about that.

Basically the rule is. Buy engine parts for the engine and car parts for the car.

There is a write up of this swap stickied in this forum, check it out for a lot of info.

Also what year accord do you have.

it's a accord ex 94.
so i have to buy the header for the h22 but after that the cat and the exhaust have to be accords?
i am planning to do the shopping this monday or probably since saturday so in that way parts would be getting bfore the weekend...
i have been looking around trough the forums but i think i would be more easy once i start working on the swap.
please guys let me know wich other parts or tips do i need cause i just have a few days before the shop star charging me for having my car parked for more that one week.
thanx

its all good in tha hood. all engine components will be prelude (93-96 VTEC if you go to autozone) and everything else like your cat back exhaust is accord.

Back