Some ef b16 swap questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kworley

Hi I'm new and i posted this in the wrong section before i figured put swap questions went here. Anyway i have 2 ef hatches both are completely stock except one has a swapped b16 cable tranny I have them for little gas savers driving to work. I'm thinking of taking the auto I have and doing a b16a1 complete changeover with cable tranny but I've had no luck finding a good jdm package locally. How secure are these online stores such as hmmotors or jspec. I live in cincy ohio if anyone has any local advice as well. I've looked around and if any of these online stores are reliable the full swap will be around 35 or so with auto to manual changeover not counting the susp, body work, and wheels I'm planning on getting. I'm not new to working on cars I have an 84 Capri 5.0 me and my old man did almost a full resto on but never worked on imports like this not scared either though. Me and the old man are doing all work ourselves.

And on another note I've read a little saying these dont have as many tune options but you can run a diff ecu for better tuning any info on that would be appreciated as well.[/QUOTE]

Hmotorsonline is very reputable. Highly recommended.

As for ECUs, yes, there are other options that are more easily tuned. The most popular would be the P28 (92-95 Civic EX/Si).

Do most go for buying a complete swap or is it cheaper to order separate. Obviously the cheapest is funding a crx so right that's basically what I'm swapping in

Back