Some food for thought...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Interesting and does raise a good point of how he is blamed for things that aren't his fault. However I do still feel like he could have been a better president and is responsible for some things. Just not all.

Interesting and does raise a good point of how he is blamed for things that aren't his fault. However I do still feel like he could have been a better president and is responsible for some things. Just not all.

feel excatly the same way... well put

Go ahead. Name one.

I'll start, because I've done the research.

1) He gave Bolton the UN position by calling congress to vacation so he didn't need their approval.

That's it. The most evil thing he's ever done.

I'm sorry. This is exactly the attitude they are referring to. I mean, you are being relatively cordial, but, think about what you said.

"I feel he could have been a better president"

Is that what you feel? In your expert political opinion?

Is that what you feel? In your expert political opinion?

It doesn't have to be an expert opinion, it is HIS opinion, just like you have yours and agree with the article, and I have mine and don't. Bush taking the war to Iraq was his biggest mistake, period. There was no reason whatsoever to invade Iraq, and doing it under the guise of the "War on Terror" â„¢ was a BAD idea of monumental proportions.

As far as this part of the article...

The president's original Supreme Court choice of Harriet Miers alarmed Republicans, while his final nomination of Samuel Alito angered Democrats. His solutions to reform the immigration system alienated traditional conservatives, while his refusal to retreat in Iraq has enraged liberals who have unrealistic expectations about the challenges we face there.

Well, yea. Conservatives didn't vote for him to make liberal policies, and when he reaches across the isle to do just that, it's going to piss off conservatives.

There is no doubt that liberals blame Bush for waaaaay to many things that are not his fault, but there's no point in blowing sunshine up everyones ass about the man.

I hear you. My point was not that people are not entitled to their opinions, because they are. Rather, I would not be in any place to make an accurate assessment of the performance of a neuro-surgeon. Being president isn't necessarily as intense or technical, but it does require a lot of work and knowledge of a lot of things that you and I will never know. We are not part of the political inner circle.

That having been said, I do NOT fully agree with the article. I too was slightly disappointed with his more moderate presidency and expected him to spearhead a lot more conservative issues. Did he do it because he's a pacifist or did he have legitimate strategical reasons? We may never truly know.

Back