some help on this

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

swtchkts3

Ok im new here so i hope u guys can help me. I have a 98 civic that had the d16y8 in it w/ the p2p ecu. Im swappin in the jdm b18c using the obdii p72 ecu. Ive made my wiring mods(lengthened some harnesses and changed connectors) and ive put the vtec pressure switch in. The car starts but doesnt idle for sh*t. So i went through some basics.. it has spark, fuel, cam timing is right and it has hella compression.. like holding around 240(thats realy high for some reason). Anyway i need some help any suggestions on where to start. Motor came from hmotors so im sure its legit. I would like to find a pinout for the obdii p72 besides whats on hyrbid garage. any help would be good. not sure if i should still b checkin my wiring or if i should start lookin mechanical.

Thanks in advance.

well from what i understand it sounds like you just need to turn up your idle..if its idled down low or if its shakin while it idles..but if its not idlin low rephrase your question..on the idling problem

Basically you should just say that the car doesnt idle. its so jerky it seems like the cam timing is off but its dead on. next i think ill check the tps. Keep the suggestions coming please. I need the pin out for the obdii p72.

Thanks

Originally posted by swtchkts3@Dec 5 2003, 12:32 PM
Basically you should just say that the car doesnt idle. its so jerky it seems like the cam timing is off but its dead on. next i think ill check the tps. Keep the suggestions coming please. I need the pin out for the obdii p72.

Thanks

i guess what i really need to know is the symptoms. i.e: does it sputter, is it idling really high or low, or is it loping at idle???

*If it's sputtering check the firing order
*if it's idling high or low, that would be the timing
*if it's loping then you have a vacuum leak

hope that helps, let me know

is the swap obd2 or obd1, the gsr i had in my teg before ran shitty cause it had obd2 injectors tryin to be run by an obd1 ecu so maybe your problem is reverse that

Originally posted by hybridsol@Dec 5 2003, 02:37 PM
is the swap obd2 or obd1, the gsr i had in my teg before ran shitty cause it had obd2 injectors tryin to be run by an obd1 ecu so maybe your problem is reverse that

i have obd2 injs. running on a obd1 P72 and they are flawless. The year of the injs. doesnt matter. The only thing that would matter is if they are high impedance or low impedance.

No, the whole swap is obd2. im gonna retime the whole motor see what that does. And check the vacuum system. Anymore ideas would be helpful.

Thanks

Back