Some new pics of the Z

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by jeffie7@Jun 25 2005, 11:13 PM
Im talking about size not bolt pattern =) you could always make your car into a 5 lug setup but you still wouldnt fit the wheels under the car.

Hondas were never ment to have big wheels. the largest I'd go is 16" MAYBE 17" for an S2000.
[post=516529]Quoted post[/post]​

I got 17s on my lude, and they look damn hot.

but they're not beneficial...they're slowing you down. A prelude I wouldn't have gone bigger than 16's but that's me.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jun 26 2005, 02:26 PM
but they're not beneficial...they're slowing you down. A prelude I wouldn't have gone bigger than 16's but that's me.
[post=516644]Quoted post[/post]​

that's not fully true. I went from a 17" wheel to a 19" wheel and it didnt slow me down if anything it helped out.

I guess it helps that my 19" wheels are 1-2lbs lighter then my 17" wheels

Some of the volks people put on their Zs are 19s and weigh 18-19lbs!!!! you get what you pay for.

and on that note chances are the 17s on the lude are heavy mofos.

volks for the Z run about $4000-4500 with tires.

I got IMO a kick ass deal at 2400 bucks.

Originally posted by Lantis@Jun 25 2005, 11:34 PM

But what would suggest as a drift car? I was thinking a 240 or something similiar.
[post=516535]Quoted post[/post]​

something cheap, lightwieght and RWD that you wont get to mad over if you f--- it up drifting. something like a 84-88 Toyota Cressida, Celicas (the 80's versions that still had RWD) MKII-III supras (MKIIII's still cost too much to be a drift car).

if you can get your hands on a 2JZ motor, they do actually fit in cressidas and older supras. im not sure if they make conversion kits, but ive seen it done.

you probably are just better off turbo-ing the stock motors, since they are i-6's anyways. cressidas had the 7m-ges, and supras could be found with 5mge motors and jz motors( cant remember the code for that one)

old school Nissan s12 200sx's make decent drift cars if you can get a hold of one. they are dirt cheap if you can actually find one. the super old Datsun maximas had RWD V6's, im sure you could get one of those side ways.

BTW, E-Brake sliding DOES NOT COUNT AS DRIFTING!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by trappd-in-859@Jun 26 2005, 05:44 PM
Thats a very clean Z you got there. what are your plans for it, if any?
[post=516691]Quoted post[/post]​

Maybe a carbon fiber hood and new shift knob.

thats it for now.

Originally posted by blackice90HB+Jun 26 2005, 06:12 PM-->
@Jun 25 2005, 11:34 PM

But what would suggest as a drift car? I was thinking a 240 or something similiar.
[post=516535]Quoted post[/post]​

something cheap, lightwieght and RWD that you wont get to mad over if you f--- it up drifting. something like a 84-88 Toyota Cressida, Celicas (the 80's versions that still had RWD) MKII-III supras (MKIIII's still cost too much to be a drift car).

if you can get your hands on a 2JZ motor, they do actually fit in cressidas and older supras. im not sure if they make conversion kits, but ive seen it done.

you probably are just better off turbo-ing the stock motors, since they are i-6's anyways. cressidas had the 7m-ges, and supras could be found with 5mge motors and jz motors( cant remember the code for that one)

old school Nissan s12 200sx's make decent drift cars if you can get a hold of one. they are dirt cheap if you can actually find one. the super old Datsun maximas had RWD V6's, im sure you could get one of those side ways.

BTW, E-Brake sliding DOES NOT COUNT AS DRIFTING!!!!!!!!!
[post=516698]Quoted post[/post]​

Well whatever it is, It's gonna get driven for like 10 minutes, then rolled into the garage stripped out to be lightweight and have the engine tuned. I don't want to just make a street car that you can drift, I want to make a dedicated drift car. Which means, any time I take it out, I either am gonna be showing it off or drifting it. I don't care about it getting banged up cause I can always bang it back out or drop on a new panel. What I really want it a cheap car, ($3,000 or less, preferably less) thatcan drift. I strip it out, upgrade the suspension, throw on some quality rims and tires and tune up the engine. Then take it out and drift it and take it to shows. That's it. I already have a daily driver car. But the drifter will be dedicated and will sit in the garage.

Those wheels looks ridiculously hot on a Z Jeff - good call.

As for a drifter - right now, if you want common - get a a 240SX. However, if you want something different that not everyone is running, try a MKIII Supra, an FC RX7, or perhaps if I dare say - an 81-89 Mustang 5.0.... :eek: Hey, I'm an import guy too, but it's a great package. 5 speed, RWD, a torqy V8, and a 'decent' suspension.

I'm poor. I am wanting to do this as cost effective as possible. No RX-7 or Supras. I can't afford it, and I won't have insurance on it since I plan on using it as a race car and show car. All the 240's I have seen are like $4,000-$5,000 and that is more than I really want to spend on the car itself. Although I have to clean the garage out first, because it is stacked front to back top to bottom with junk, so I will have a garage sale to help fund this drift project of mine. There is some nice stuff in there too, like professional sprayers and sheets of clear plastic we used to use to protect the windows from hail storms. Lots of stuff in that garage. I mainly want to clear a space big enough to stick the car in there though. The rest is just wishful thinking. But, I do want the car to be garaged since I plan on stripping it out and don't want to leave it out in the driveway with it's guts all over the place.

Hot car jeff. Just get those ridiculously oversized blingin door handles shaved, and your golden. I never liked the Z for the style of it's huge hatch lines, but to each his own. Your car will get more women than my car or bike ever will. Too bad I have a girlfriend, and you are gay.
:ph34r:
:D

Originally posted by MikeBergy@Jun 27 2005, 02:15 PM
Hot car jeff. Just get those ridiculously oversized blingin door handles shaved, and your golden. I never liked the Z for the style of it's huge hatch lines, but to each his own. Your car will get more women than my car or bike ever will. Too bad I have a girlfriend, and you are gay.
:ph34r:
:D
[post=516993]Quoted post[/post]​

Im sure I could fix that GF problem... send her my way and we can make you single again =)~

I like the door handles. I HATED them when the Z first came out but they grew on me. I have no idea why but they just did.

Originally posted by Lantis@Jun 27 2005, 07:06 PM
so you're not gay?
[post=517091]Quoted post[/post]​

It's kinda like the question how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie pop? the world may never know....

jeffie = metrosexual bastard

lol, at least he's posted some pics of some unbelievably hot women friends of his. this doesn't prove things one way or the other, just thanking jeffie for the pics. As for the handles. I don't think I could ever get used to them, they remind me of star wars. Besides, I shouldn't have to get used to anything I spend that much money on. Nevertheless, it's a bangin car. I'd drive it.

Yeah, the door handles are kinda ugly and stick out. You should shave them. And then weld the door shut and climb in through the window. :D

nice drop, killer wheels. all you gotta do now is paint that door handle. ;)

Back