Some new pics of the Z

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jeffie...hot Z...

Lantis...I would highly suggest if your looking for a drift car...then go with an old Z.

I've been doing drifting for a few years, still not good at it, but I'm improving.

Screw the AE86...you'll spend more time fixing it than driving it...and the parts for it are stupidly expencive now. I had one, built it, and spent more time building it than what was needed...granted...I turned out to be a hot little car, but the kid I sold it to....well...he's dumping more into it to make it a monster.

The 240SX...easy drift car...so easy to drift that anyone can do it. spend the money for the better thing like the SR20 and such...and you'll have an instant drifter......sadly...everyone has one. It's so dorky now going to any drift event and only seeing that one car...couse nobody has the nuts to be different.

Do a domestic Muscle car...and you be plotted as a redneck...

RX-7's...hot, but good luck finding Apex seals...

OLD Z...well...any engine can bolt it...literally....from LS1's to SR20's, RB's to 3.1 stroker motors...and the drivetrain is simple, and easy to work with...I can pop a trany out, change a clutch and pop the trany back in uner 2 hours. since Datsuns have been racing since they were made back in the late 70's...there is ton's of aftermarket support for them...and they are stupid cheap for thing...hell...I've had people just give me stuff for the Z. and with a decent paintjob, the right cage or rollbar and other chassis stiffing items like strut towr bars...will make the car super solid, the suspention and other items....are easy to get and install at half the price of the 240sx counterparts,...and hell...it just looks good out on the track doing the drifts.

gallery_3_9_139647.jpg

I'll try to get more pics of both me and her this weekend.

I took her out to dinner not to long ago and the waiter said something to me about sharing a dessert with your girl friend, I looked him stright in the eyes and said DUDE thats my sister.

Talk about catching someone off guard =) Rachelle just laughed about it.

my Z will drift just by putting it in gear and pressing the accelerator...

oh wait, that's called a power-over. :p

jeffie has a hot sister >.>

airjockie:

and I would take an old z, BUT! they are expensive. plus I would then have to spend money getting stuff upgraded since I am gonna build a dedicated drift car. I thought about a 240SX but all the ones I see are $3,000 and up. although there is an SR20 in the local auto trader but it is $10,000. Lots of 300ZX's but I want something that is fairly cheap, but will be a good car. I want to spend as little money on the car itself as possible so that I will have more money on the other end to do the work on it to build it up, like suspension and engine and frame work. Since I don't know how to do alot of that stuff myself I will probably have to get a shop to do it or get some people to come help me. Either way as long as it's done right and holds up.

So, what do you suggest as a cheap car that's driftable? I still have some time to look around since I don't have the money to buy it yet anyways, and I still need to clear out the garage and sell off all that junk before I can toss a car in there and work on it. Plus I still need to work on driving a manual. So it's gonna be a while before I go out trying to win any races.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jun 28 2005, 01:51 AM
jeffie = metrosexual bastard
[post=517252]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol:

He's gotta be gay. he always uses =) at the end of his sentences.

Anyway, nice Z...looks the same only lower.

Originally posted by Lantis@Jun 28 2005, 11:16 PM

airjockie:

and I would take an old z, BUT! they are expensive. plus I would then have to spend money getting stuff upgraded since I am gonna build a dedicated drift car. I thought about a 240SX but all the ones I see are $3,000 and up. although there is an SR20 in the local auto trader but it is $10,000. Lots of 300ZX's but I want something that is fairly cheap, but will be a good car. I want to spend as little money on the car itself as possible so that I will have more money on the other end to do the work on it to build it up, like suspension and engine and frame work. Since I don't know how to do alot of that stuff myself I will probably have to get a shop to do it or get some people to come help me. Either way as long as it's done right and holds up.

So, what do you suggest as a cheap car that's driftable? I still have some time to look around since I don't have the money to buy it yet anyways, and I still need to clear out the garage and sell off all that junk before I can toss a car in there and work on it. Plus I still need to work on driving a manual. So it's gonna be a while before I go out trying to win any races.
[post=517800]Quoted post[/post]​

Old Z's are fairly cheap.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Jun 28 2005, 09:21 PM-->
@Jun 28 2005, 11:16 PM

airjockie:

[post=517800]Quoted post[/post]​

Old Z's are fairly cheap.
[post=517802]Quoted post[/post]​

I was gonna say, I picked mine up for 500 bucks...

280zfront.jpg

Yeah some of those old Z's are only a couple thousand dollars, but I really don't want something quite that old. .. I'd really rather have something a bit newer.

what is blasphemy?

Besides, I kinda like the look of some 240's.. not the overly rice ones. but done right the 240 can be a nice car.

I don't know the difference.

plus, I really don't know what year I should get. Cause year is important too. certain years have things good or bad about them. BUt whatever I get, it's gonna have to be a model and year with good parts out there for it.

240-280Z would be a great choice.

they are VERY VERY VERY VERY easy to work on.

I grew up fish tailing a 280ZXT making 15PSI I miss that car=)

do they make body kits for the 280z? cause I really don't like the look of the old Z's.. I think they are kinda ugly.

Originally posted by Lantis@Jun 29 2005, 02:59 AM
Yeah but I want to build mine, building the car is part of the fun. >.>
[post=517900]Quoted post[/post]​

Why not learn to drive your car backwards?

Back