1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some new tires for the Subie

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by dohcvtec_accord, Oct 21, 2003.

1. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Alright, so in a month or two, I need to replace the tires on the WRX. I'm looking at going with the Yokohama AVS ES100, 205/55/R16. I'm looking at them for the good reviews I've read so far, and the price I'm seeing on them (just under $400 shipped, with road hazard).

Anyone had any positive/negative experiences with this tire? Can anyone recommend anything in that approximate price range that would be comparable or better? They've got to be all-season tires, since I'm up here in Colorado and it's getting to be the winter season.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I'm a dumbass. Disregard the first few posts and check out my next few posts below.

2. lsvtec

lsvtec GNU/Linux Evangelist

You've driven on those tires before (they are what I have been running since before Christmas). I like them a bunch, but I am not sure how all season they are. They are fine in the rain but I have not driven them through snow yet.

3. dohcvtec_accord

Ahhhh!! So that's why they sounded familiar. Well, both tires.com and tirerack.com list them as being all-season, so I think I may give them a try, if no one else posts any big minuses for those tires.

4. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

i have these tires too and i love them. great street tire with good grip. but i too and unsure of the snow traction. i guess only time will tell when winter comes :(

5. dohcvtec_accord

Well, apparently I'm a dumbass and I don't know how to read. Those AVS ES100's are indeed a summer tire. I think I must have read the heading wrong. So those are out of the question.

My other option are the Yokohama AVS dB S2 tires. These are DEFINITELY All-Season, and I can get them for $435 shipped. Any thoughts on those?

6. uconn1150

uconn1150 Member

Does it ever snow in Cruces? Damn Aggies....sheesh...they are playing worse than UTEP...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted