Some of My "Photography"

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pick up a Canon DSLR body on the cheap and shoot em on that.

i'll have to ask him.. he also told me he has a mess of lenses for it too.. i was thinking about buying an adapter and using them on my Olympus DSLR

Canon AT-1
canonAT1.gif
Yea, I thought maybe I should google it. Shows how little I know about he Canon lineage. The only Canon I ever had was an EOS 5 that I bought off the local CL for $100. It had a 28mm prime and the vertical grip, so I knew it would be worth more. I flipped it on ebay a couple days later for $250. Oh yes, and I just got a Canonflex for free on CL which I sold for $60. That's about it though.

hmm.. wonder how cheap i could find an older Canon DSLR body for?
Probably somewhere around $200-300. I see em on CL for that pretty often, usually they are around 8-10mp. The thing to consider is that unless you get a nice adapter, you might have image quality issues, and possibly infinity focus issues. The adapters that allow ininity focus have to have a piece of glass in them which degrades IQ, and the ones that don't won't focus at infinity.

Last edited:
Ya, I just took quick look at the local CL and you can get a decent Canon setup with a lens and boxed acc. in the 400 dollar neighborhood.

And if you get a Canon body you should still be able to retain things like AF and aperture control (if the lenses arent full manual). I might be mistaken though, I shoot Nikon.

Well since he asked if anyone else has photography to share, this is the kind of photography i like doing. Light graffiti. :D

32522_403450208035_563003035_4490188_827810_n.jpg

32522_403450308035_563003035_4490203_7551570_n.jpg

32522_403450173035_563003035_4490182_3604044_n.jpg

None of which has been touched by computer software, all lighting and camera settings. Granted quality isnt best, but im learning the art.

why think you, i have a handful more on my facebook. Your welcome to look, and soon as i get more ideas or time, i plan to make more like the top one.

why think you, i have a handful more on my facebook. Your welcome to look, and soon as i get more ideas or time, i plan to make more like the top one.

we have a photography thread.. find it and post them in there.. this is his thread

I may be selling my Rebel XT with battery grip, 70-300Sigma, 18-55 Kit lens and some other accessories in the near future. I'm upgrading to a 7D or FF. If you're interested I'll shoot you a price.

set the shutter speed to slow

Sorry, he did ask for others photography, guess i misunderstood and apologize for the thread-jack.

But Set the ISO to 100, The AF about 9 to 11, and depending on how creative you want to be, change the shutter speed to10-20 seconds.

But Set the ISO to 100, The AF about 9 to 11, and depending on how creative you want to be, change the shutter speed to10-20 seconds.
I like the shots, my fave is the outlined person. I do think you should really stop down the aperture to get them sharper, though. f/8 set at hyperfocal distance should be good enough. Also, if your cam supports a remote shutter release, then I'd be using that and bulb mode so that your shutter doesn't close on you in the middle of the shot.

If you like light graffiti, you should check out Light Graffiti and Photography - Michael Bosanko. He has some sick shots.

Last edited:
Just got myself a new 8mm fisheye lens. Cant wait to shoot with this thing.

Back