some ? on my civic convertable

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

welcomeramps

hey i have been building a 93 civic convertable and have had some questions... first off the tech stuff, knock senser... is the low oil seser and knock senser all in one... and my new oil line goes where the oil senser went, where else could i hook that up... and also reading codes from led in cluster... it is on... you hook up wires it turns on then blinks then flashes... is that first intital turn on a beging of a code... i am trowing code 13 or 23... lol will have more questions later after i fix these... thanks.

Attachments

• P10150096.JPG
    P10150096.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 173
What motor/modifications to it do you have?
For instance, what is the 'new oil line' for, a turbo?

The knock sensor is usually located to the left of the oil pressure sending unit on the back of the block. They are not all in one.

The normal way for people to hook up more oil feed lines is thru the use of an adapter plate and an oil filter relocation kit, that also has extra ports for other things like turbo oil line or an oil pressure guage line.

List of ECU Warning Codes - Team Integra

well its a semi built ls/vtec... and thinking my block doesent have a port for a knock senser could i hook one up and just let it dangle there... haha or does it need to hear harmonics or something of that sort... or could i tune my p72 to take out reading the knock senser?

Yes, if you chip the ecu for tuning, you can also disable the knock sensor input. I'm not too sure off hand, but if you wanted to use one, it's possible you might be able to thread a hole in the block and make a port. But yes, it does have to have a good ear on the harmonics of the motor.

Also, before we get to far and I assume you don't know; do you know what a tune is/and or what goes into doing a proper one?

crome is free. you also need a Moates Burn1 and an SST 27SF512 EEPROM chip which isn't too expensive.
www.moates.net < C R O M E >

as far as the tuning aspect. you cannot tune unless you have a wideband o2 sensor. you can street tune, but a dyno is recommended. do not make adjustments to air/fuel, timing, vtec engagement, etc without atleast a wideband.

but you can disable the knock sensor and leave the rest with stock settings and install it yourself.

thanks for the chip advice, and tuner... and as for buying the car as a convertable... i once had a dream i was driving a civic convertable with a mullet flapin in the wind and it was the best dream ever! so i bought another civic coupe and started growing some hair... and now a year later i am here... haha but i wish i bought the car and a wig... just let me tell you... what a pain in the rear! and it was also harder to grow my hair out then to take my top off... :)

Sorry to change subject but, what did you do for support now that the b-pillar is gone??? Theres' been a couple EF civics out there with the roof cut off and even caged that have eventually torn at the door jam, I'd imagine the EG chassis would suffer from the same weaknesses. It's a beautiful project though.... I just don't want to see all that work go down the drain.

you know after taking my top off... ;) i just love to say that... hahaha i was amazed on how must structural integrity was remaing to the chassis... was plaing to Xbrace where the doors are and trailing off both front firewall and rear upper seatback to make the X and cut out the floor under that and make a strongback as a frame under the chassis... but the first few trial runs down the freeway and some e-breaks in the target parking lot and then blazed a set of tires up front... the verdict was a light V shaped brace in the same manner as originaly thought but just where the door is... but the project is far from being completed because the lack of free time... but as for now its a fun to say F-it and take a zip around town to let the newly aquried hair-do to flap in the breeze... :)

Funny, I got a convertable and cut all my hair off so it wouldn't blow around!!! Anyhow, you should start a work-in-progress thread about your "topless" civic and just pick up where you left off. I'd imagine this thread has allready pulled in alot of nOObs's GOOGLEing "convertable civic" with questions about chopping their civic up. Hell, I'd suscribe to it. Keep up the good work

I started a new profile and will begin a thread on the civic convertable build if anyone is interested... stay tuned for details and some photos of me taking my top off ;)

Was the new screen name really necessary? :shrug2:

Oh, and just FYI for whoever's reading, we have a list of the ECU warning codes and how to check them in the reference section on this site too...

Back