SOME ONE HELP ME!!!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRseX84

ok so i did a z6 swap in my 91 crx dx. and i have a mother frickn code 9, 20, and 41. iv tryed everything for the code 9 (swaped ecu's, swaped distirbutors, double tripple and qadrupple checked the wireing..) WTF is going on!! y cant i get rid of this code!!! i cant figure out what is causing the code! it doesnt make sence! ANY ONE eamil me at Drvr84@aol.com or PM me or reply ANYTHING!!! plz help
Tyler

car = 91 dx
motor = 92-96 Z6
which distributor?
which wiring harness? what custom pieces?
which OBD?
which ECU?

The cel 9 is probably from a grounding issue....I had the same problem when I changed to OBD 1 for my '90 hatch. Double check the grounding path for the shielded cable running to the dizzy. I'm assuming you added 2 wires for the additional signals in the dizzy....how did you do that? New shielded cable for the dizzy or did you just pull 2 extra wires and call it good? ONLY way to be safe is to run a new shielded cable. I found the O2 sensor cable was also grounded to mine both in the engine compartment and also at the ecu. The additional grounding was causing my cel code problems. I got rid of it by running a new cable and regrounding the O2 sensor to a different ground point away from the dizzy shield ground. The dizzy ground should be landed by itself....no other equipment should be attached at the same ground.

The cel 20 is an ELD issue.....double check your wiring.

The cel 41 is heated O2 sensor malfunction.....did you run additional wires for the 4 wire sensor or try reusing a single wire sensor? There's an article somewhere on this site about rewiring for a 4-wire sensor....check it out for some additional help. Might just be the black wires need to be swapped.

Overall, sounds like you have simple wiring issues. Hope this helps....good luck!

Back