some problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok i have a 94 civic DX 1.5L(MPFI), the distributor is bad, will the one from my 88 crx dx(DPFI) work?

another problem: i just installed an OBX intake manifold and when i would start the car it would rev to 2,000 then down to idle over and over! and i could here a click click click when it would idle up!! ideas?

other mods: aem cai, 9.4mm plug wires, tsudo racing header, cat back exhaust

Originally posted by ConceptSleeper@Apr 7 2004, 02:34 AM
ok i have a 94 civic DX 1.5L(MPFI), the distributor is bad, will the one from my 88 crx dx(DPFI) work?

another problem: i just installed an OBX intake manifold and when i would start the car it would rev to 2,000 then down to idle over and over! and i could here a click click click when it would idle up!! ideas?

other mods: aem cai, 9.4mm plug wires, tsudo racing header, cat back exhaust

88 DX distributor will not work. different plugs. the jumping idle is your FIT valve right underneath the throttlebody. i'm 99% sure that is the problem because you had to take off all the coolant lines to put the new manifold on and either their is air in your cooling system...or you routed the coolant hoses wrong. the FIT valve is basically your cold start valve and it will eventually close as soon as it feels warm coolant...it kind of operates like your engines thermostat, but backwards. as far as the clicking goes, there are a hundred different clicking noises your motor could make.

Back