Some quick bolt help please.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
So I decided to rip apart my bumper and insert my grille. Then I decided to do my header.

The flange that connects the manifold to the cat has a 12mm nut on one side and a 14mm bolt on the other with springs, I imagine it's to torque it down enough to push the header/mani all the way in.

But what I don't understand is WHICH side I should be loosening from? If I do the 12 mm the 14 spins with it, and same with the 14 mm. Should I loosen the nut?

Pics;

Header into flange with the 12 mm nuts;
modifications021.jpg

From under them; 12 mm nut is on the left side;
modifications022.jpg

modifications007.jpg

As she's sittin now;
modifications010.jpg

:ph34r: See, I'm not afraid to work on it. Just didn't have a place until now.

just put a 12 and 14 on it. hold the 14 still and remove the 12 nut and the bolt will slide out.

ah, yep. I threw some wd40 on there... i can't get jack shit for turning leverage right now.

I gave up. lol Went to autozone and got a filter clean and renew kit, went to my parents and took a shower then went to get some food. This shall be continued tomorrow.

tisk, you should go back to AutoZone and pick up a new set of those screws & springs, since they're so badly rusted. They are sold together in one package, dont look at the spinning rack of nuts n bolts, go find the "special parts" section. i think it's in one of those "Oops" red boxes or w/e lol.

ya i'm probably a retard, but when i jack my car up, i put the jack stands under the frame. Where do you have those, on the lower control arms?

Back