1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some quick bolt help please.

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by jamesA, May 19, 2007.

1. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

So I decided to rip apart my bumper and insert my grille. Then I decided to do my header.

The flange that connects the manifold to the cat has a 12mm nut on one side and a 14mm bolt on the other with springs, I imagine it's to torque it down enough to push the header/mani all the way in.

But what I don't understand is WHICH side I should be loosening from? If I do the 12 mm the 14 spins with it, and same with the 14 mm. Should I loosen the nut?

Pics;

Header into flange with the 12 mm nuts;
    [​IMG]

From under them; 12 mm nut is on the left side;
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

As she's sittin now;
    [​IMG]

:ph34r: See, I'm not afraid to work on it. Just didn't have a place until now.

2. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

just put a 12 and 14 on it. hold the 14 still and remove the 12 nut and the bolt will slide out.

1 person likes this.
  3. jamesA

ah, yep. I threw some wd40 on there... i can't get jack shit for turning leverage right now.

4. jamesA

I gave up. lol Went to autozone and got a filter clean and renew kit, went to my parents and took a shower then went to get some food. This shall be continued tomorrow.

5. YBLEGAL

YBLEGAL Regular Member w/ Cheese

tisk, you should go back to AutoZone and pick up a new set of those screws & springs, since they're so badly rusted. They are sold together in one package, dont look at the spinning rack of nuts n bolts, go find the "special parts" section. i think it's in one of those "Oops" red boxes or w/e lol.

ya i'm probably a retard, but when i jack my car up, i put the jack stands under the frame. Where do you have those, on the lower control arms?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted