Some quick questions on z6 swap into crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jeef

NO MA'AM
VIP
I did this swap into my dx civic a few years ago, but since I hydrolocked my a6 I decided to do this swap. For the vaccum hoses I see the one coming off of the map sensor, but there is a sensor mounted next to it on the firewall. I only see one vaccum hose connector on the back of the z6 manifold. SHould I just connect all the lines together with a T so that it will get some vaccum? Then there is a small rectangle plug with 2 prongs on it that went on the back of the a6 manifold to a black sensor. ( I havent had a chance to look up the name of it yet but I will if needed) Is this the plug that I do not hook up? Its been so long since I have done this swap that I can't remember what was done. Anyone who has done this swap recently remember any other wiring changes I have to make. I am running od0 with a z6 manifold on the z6 block.
Does anyone have a picture of how the 4th gen distributor bolts up the z6 block? I forgot where to notch the distributor. I googled it and had no luck.
Thanks.

The swap is almost done, just have to finish putting the exhaust manifold in, fill the tranny, and figure out the right timing on the distributor.

if the square 2 pin connector has a blue wire and a black/yellow wire it would be for the Fast Idle Control Solenoid Valve on the Si and is the one you won't need - the Z6 should have the MAP sensor on the throttle body and you wouldn't need the one on the firewall - the solenoid on the firewall right next to the MAP is the Purge Cutoff Solenoid Valve and needs vacuum line from intake manifold - car will run fine without this connected, but needs to be there if you need to pass visual emissions

Back