some ?'s about Azenis

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bcman

I've had 205-50-15 Azenis on my Civic for about four months now, and I must say I'm very happy with the grip they offer. I have a few curiosities though, and I wanted to know if other people have experienced the same. First off, these tires don't squeal. They don't slide very often, but when they do, it's relatively silent. Second, my fuel economy has gone down significantly, like -8 mpg (I used to have super-economy tires on there). Have other people had similar experiences? (These are the RT-215's, not the newest azenis.)

trust me, they squeel :D its just VERY hard to get them to their limit. chances are, your car/suspension will hit the limit before the tires do.

as for your mpg decrease...

well, the azenis ARE a heavy tire, and they do have a WIDE contact path (their 205 is close to many other brands 215) and have a high rolling resistance.

i don't know if it will kill 8mpg, but i can definitley see a loss of mpg...

yeah they are pretty damn heavy. was thinking about getting some until i saw the weight. talk about having second thoughts ><

no wonder they grip, they weigh a shit ton :p

4months? and you still have tread? thats an accomplishment.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@May 4 2005, 11:02 AM
4months? and you still have tread? thats an accomplishment.
[post=494966]Quoted post[/post]​

ive had my azenis on since last july. and they are just now getting to the point where the need to be replaced. but then again, i did have winter tires on for 3 months of that. they didnt wear as bad as i thought they would, just rotate them, and dont drive the shit out of them 24/7 and they last a while.

my brother killed a set in 7,000 miles.
and they do squeal, and its easy to slide on them. my buddy has them on his 240sx, he loves them for drifting.... he seems to like the pep boy special tires better though. i wonder why....lol

and as far as the squealing goes, it also depends on the surface your on. theres different types/grades of asphault. some they will squeal on, some wont. also the age/how warn the road is makes a difference.

i still cant get over the weight lol, kinda defeats the purpose of putting lightweight rims on.

riding on azenis is like riding on 18's as far as weight is concerned

yeah, chris burned through his Azenis in 2 and a half months. grip driving on a road called "dead mans run" i havent ridden it, but ive heard its gonna make me poop my pants. yep, they were done in 10wks.

damn! are they that heavy? i just got some new bfgs. I need my gas mileage so if i see a decrease by that much (8mpg's) i'm selling them bitches.

well now that im looking for it i cant find the site where i originally saw the weight of the azenis

maybe soemone can throw a link up. i thought it was a typo at first because of how high the number was ;)

well i dont know much about tire weights, so does any one have any comparasin weights from the azenis sport's competition?

not to be repititive, but i cant see why someone would stress getting small lightweight rims and then throw the heaviest tire ever on it.

15" rota + azeni = 40 lbs per wheel.

its just kinda defeating the purpose of getting lightweight rims.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 1 2005, 01:26 PM
if you drove them, you'd understand. they are worth their weight IMO.
[post=506191]Quoted post[/post]​

:) (im back in town) im with P.O.S :p they feel and peform great compared to stock.

Back