Some scooter projects.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

efhondakid

My name is Byron.
As I had said in my "Hey yall" thread I've been tinkering around with some older bikes lately.

Mid summer my old lady decided she wanted something small to learn on after some Craigslist searching she found a1974 Honda CL360 for $700. Clear title guy said it hadn't ran for a year or so and he couldn't figure it out.

Well after some serious wire elimination and a re adjust of the points it fired right up and ran great. So then I decided to move on with the plan I had for it. Simple oldschool cafe racer. Chopped every unnessential part of, short of the tach and speedo. Whipped up a cafe style ass catcher seat out of fiberglass, dropped the battery down as low as I could as well as going to the smallest I could find (ditched e-start and converted to kick only)

All in all it has been a fun little project thus far and pretty fun little bike to cruise around the house. Still have a few more things to do before its 100% tail light/plate bracket, have the seat pan upholstered.

You build it up like that, get me thinkin that its prally a pretty cool project so far, then you dont post one single fuckin pic. SM fuckin H.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg
The day we brought her home. It's came a long way since then. I wish I would have weighed it before I cut all the shit off just to see how much there was in all the extra shit.

That's awesome man. I need to get busy on my xs500. How do you fair putting around with no signals? Also pics of the iron head?

I forget the year break for turn signals I'm pretty sure it's close to it though. Should it ever become an issue I can hide some little LEDs some where to keep Johnny law happy.

image.jpg
When I got it home. It was mostly in old milk crates this was just throw shit together quick so I could roll it.

image.jpg
Took the factory Sporty tank narrowed it 3" shortened it an 1" and ribbed it.

image.jpg
Sissy bar I whipped up out of 9/16" solid round.

image.jpg
Mock up seat with the sissy bar.
image.jpg
As it sits now. Made a differnt seat oil tank is mounted battery mounted. Still need to wire it plumb oil lines and a longer rear brake cable. It's been too damn cold to mess with either of them.

Weigh the shit you cut off to see how much

Prolly long gone,

Cool shit. I have always wanted to have a mess around bike, maybe one day.

I will. I have seat pan I need to fab up for the yamaha and I have a bunch of stuff I'd like to do to my yamaha. It's mostly the fabbing/welding/metalworking that I need guidance on.

Also year break is 1969. Since requires signals.
I was thinking it was 72. Ah well. I'm not too terribly worried as neither of them will need to be inspected. You got any pictures of the XS.

Back