1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Scrapping Questions

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by Katarnoca, Jun 16, 2003.

1. Katarnoca

Katarnoca Junior Member

Hi, im new to the forums, as well as high performance cars. I currently "have" a 1992 civic lx. i resently got in an accident and with my lack of collision insurance (would have doubled my insurance payments) the front end is screwed up. bumper, hood, side panel, the bar with the hood latch on it, and the air filter. Anyone have some tips for finding cheep parts or labor. Im in Columbia Maryland,

I got an estimate for a fix at 3600. 1700 of which is labor charges. Please help! :worthy:

2. rsaeini

rsaeini Senior Member

with that $3600 you could easily get yourself a CRX or EG hatch.
    i say don't bother fixing it, you're gonna spend more money than the car is worth.

if you shop carefully enough you can get yourself a CRX or EG hatch and an engine to swap in there. when i say engine i mean like a B18a/b.

3. 2fastCRX

2fastCRX Senior Member

Get rid of the LX. Those things are not very attractive and are not worth fixing up. I like Rsaeini's idea about getting a CRX or a hatch. That is what I would do.

4. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

get the parts out of a junkyard,have em painted to match and put them on your car yourself along with a buddy of yours :) save ya 1700 and do some mods with that money

5. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

you can get a front clip with a b16 for your car for less than $3600 installed...shop around

6. IDMaxGuy

IDMaxGuy Senior Member

Ya do what Trailer Park Pimp said, buy cheapy parts, make it look decent, then sell it and buy a CRX or Hatch.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted