somebody help me find a part

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pageusaf

Alright my mom has a 2000 Saturn LS2 (L-series V6 3.0L), and after she bought it I did a little "inspection" myself and saw that her exhaust is like, falling apart. The entire bottom of the muffler looks like its been shot more times than 50 cent.... with a SHOT GUN, it has holes all through it....

God damnit, honestly where can I find a place to replace the muffler, maybe with something aftermarket (not god damn 6'' outlet, like 3-4''). I cant find ANYTHING for the L-series on the internet. Everything I find is for the slow 4cyl.....

You'd think people would buy the FAST version saturn makes to put money into but nooooo. Its like I saw a beater Saturn SC (Dont know what one is, click here) with an exhaust, and he PIPES ME in my camaro....

So if anybody can help me find a site that sells like, a muffler? or maybe even a catback/full exhaust for the Saturn LS2, please share it with me.

Quoted post[/post]]
Alright my mom has a 2000 Saturn LS2 (L-series V6 3.0L), and after she bought it I did a little "inspection" myself and saw that her exhaust is like, falling apart. The entire bottom of the muffler looks like its been shot more times than 50 cent.... with a SHOT GUN, it has holes all through it....

God damnit, honestly where can I find a place to replace the muffler, maybe with something aftermarket (not god damn 6'' outlet, like 3-4''). I cant find ANYTHING for the L-series on the internet. Everything I find is for the slow 4cyl.....

You'd think people would buy the FAST version saturn makes to put money into but nooooo. Its like I saw a beater Saturn SC (Dont know what one is, click here) with an exhaust, and he PIPES ME in my camaro....

So if anybody can help me find a site that sells like, a muffler? or maybe even a catback/full exhaust for the Saturn LS2, please share it with me.
Go to MEINEKE even if you buy something online there is shit you could do. The Saton is a fully welded exhaust system. Us guys at MEINEKE have saws and welders. P/S and mufflers to.

alright thanks guys i have a guy doin a cat-back for $404, he SAYS its a performance exhaust, no idea

you guys think thats a decent price

Quoted post[/post]]
alright thanks guys i have a guy doin a cat-back for $404, he SAYS its a performance exhaust, no idea

you guys think thats a decent price
That is a good price as long as you are getting a lifetime warranty on the muffler. I can do a lifetime warranty muffler installed with everything from the cat including the resonater for $375

And make sure he's mandrel bending everything. Crimped pipes should not be in a $400+ exhaust system, plus they will add a harsh raspy tone to your exhaust note.

When I had a catback done at a local shop it was crimp bent but otherwise a catback system w/ lifetime warranty muffler and I handed the guy $120. Just FYI.

Also if its your moms car you better make sure the shop your going to does not put some loud ass exhaust on there, unless of course thats your moms sack of potatoes

lol yeah.... i'm not sure if thats her beef or not really.. she doesnt mind she loves taking my camaro out so i mean, she may like it... but i just found out she bought the car for when i go off to college (isn't she sweet, a saturn). I'm not sure if that was her original intent or she just wants a different car, but she said I could have it if I wanted it..... her reasoning (exact words too): "Well Broc, gas prices are getting too high and I figured you'd spend too much money driving your camaro every day, and your CRX isn't the most reliable car on the planet, you can just have my saturn when you go off to college." Yeah, I told her she must not know anything about honda's to say my beater 90 wasn't reliable

I dont necissarily want it - yet. Cause the insurance and what not... full coverage on it, cant afford it right now with my camaro and crx on the insurance... so I may just get HER to spend a few hundred on the car THEN take it from her LOL

yeah i know i'm dickin over my mom, but she doesnt care

nice guy.

and $400 for an exhaust is outrageous.

well its a v6 and hes runnin a dual... not true dual but has a Y a little more than halfway... i coulda got the stock exhaust for 275 i think he said, but if i'm going to have the car in august well i might as well

You can make an exhaust cheaper then that, but from a shop, 400 for a cat back isn't too bad.

Even with the V6 it's fairly easy to make. I honestly think you should just cut the muffler off and replace it, if that's all that's wrong with it.

I had an SC2 and an SL2. I will never buy another "S-Series".

Quoted post[/post]]
You can make an exhaust cheaper then that, but from a shop, 400 for a cat back isn't too bad.

Even with the V6 it's fairly easy to make. I honestly think you should just cut the muffler off and replace it, if that's all that's wrong with it.

I had an SC2 and an SL2. I will never buy another "S-Series".

i dont blame you, fucking gms.. everything electrical is going out in the car right now, down at the mechanics i'm not sure if he was trying to fuck me (dane cook style) but he was like "Yeah... you need a transmission computer, we're going to have to replace that... All your switches, relays, and fuses are going to be replaced thats going to cost $300... you have a tiny unicorn bouncing around in your exhaust, its poking holes all through your exhaust and shitting in your filters"

Thanks pal I didnt know a mythilogical creature was living in my muffler...

Anyway he charged like $400 bucks to replace tranny fluid and filter, and replace switches.... so the exhaust is going to have to wait I have to buy that first.... plus I need to find a transmission computer because every once in a while the check engine light will come on and it shifts real hard.... then if you shut it off for like 10 seconds it goes away for another 20 or so minutes

Is it a saturn?

Hondas have excellent aftermarket support as do many other cars. The Saturn L-Series on the other hand has very little and even less for the V6 model.

Back