Somebody Help Me!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

11CRX11

I need some advice, from whoever can give it to me.I have an 89 CRX:(HF:( I need some help on to what kind of motor i should put in it, where i should get the motor, and shit like that. See, the problem is, i used to have a 2001 Civic SI turbo, but i totaled it, i could take anybody in my town, my insurance dropped me, now i can't drive anything under a 90, my best option was a CRX. There is to many people talking shit in my town, i need to beat them.....any advice......please give me some tips!!!

THANX,

11CRX11

where are you from?

There was no 2001 Civic Si in teh states y0.

I'm about to do a Ls motor swap i think that is the best option that you have the motors are fairly cheap and easy to build up.... if your looking to spend a little less money search for a ZC swap.... if you wanna rule anybody in your town h22 turbo and " Two of the big ones" lol

He's got a heavy foot,he'll blow himself to pieces with the H22,go for a B18A1,B16A1 or DOHC ZC.

best option was a CRX

Your best option is a CRX V-TEC, CRX SI. Any LS coupe can wire wired for the V-TEC solenoid.
This build depends on what part of the US you live in. If you live in some corn cobb state, you might have a problem getting used parts.
I finished building and selling 95 Civic Hatchback. A poor man Type R (GSR, B18c1 block w/
CRX, CIVIC V-TEC, b16a1 head, itr pistons and camshaft ).
Both the Civic head and the GSR Block are V-TEC, and match up perfectly...if you lack knowledge....us a V-TEC car..Civic V-TEC Coupe or Hatchback, CRX SI to cut cost
Type R intake and exhaust....if you want to go Turbo,,,,(use the thickest head gasket possible to decrease engine compression if you do not want to change the rods, only for minimum boost, applying a Turbo is a different mode of options)..... GSR tranny.....MSD Ignition w/ Bosch platimum spark plugs.
Find a Type R CPU form a wrecking yard and a engine wiring harness for a Type R and all the sensors for a Type R from an after market auto supply,

I went 95 GSR block and tranny, 95 GSR brake system from the wrecking yard, and b16A1 head in a 95 civic hatch back....all as cheap as possilble....hooked everything to a Type R CPU.
13.4 time, quarter mile...without the Type R intake and exhaust the time was a lot lower!!!

Why the hell did you bring back a 4 1/2 year old post to give some BS information?!?

Fucking :newbie: I swear.... :nutkick:

Poor Mans Type R

I will make this simple, for a person with limited experience. That wants a low cost, but quick car.
A V-TEC car is wired up for a V-TEC engine. So what are we looking at here, a CRX SI or a Civic V-TEC coupe.
You want to match your engine block with your tranny, so we go with GSR. You put a B16A1 head with a Type R cam on top of the GSR engine block ( do some research, there are many GSR engine blocks and the B16A1 head fits them all ).
You can find rebuilt heads and engine blocks at the larger Auto Supplies, you do not have to pay a fortune for an engine, save your money for someone to put everything together and in you car!!!
Use the Air intake manifold and exhaust manifolds from a Type R. Use all the air intake, exhaust, and fuel sensors....every sensor should be Type R. Use the oil punp, fuel pump, fuel rail, fuel lines, injectors from the Type R ( or at least the same CFM ratings).
Get a Type R Engine wiring harness (you can find one), and use an Type R CPU.

Here in Seattle the Auto wrecking yards are full of Acura/Honda parts. Get good used parts instead of paying for new, except for the electrical parts. Rebuilt CPU and alternators are good, you will need a lot of parts that bolt on to the outside of the engine block, auto wrecking yards are a good source!!!

Why a GSR engine block, the rod bolts are thicker and make from a forged material, it has oil sprayers that lubricate and cool for higher revs.

Why a B16A1 head, it the best flowing head, you can use it stock, or bring the head to a tuner for a modified head and valve job.

The Type R intake manifold has short runners which increase torque, you have to match your intake volume by way of your out take volume by using a Type R exhaust or a 2.5in. stainless steel exhaust system. It is also necessary for the use so Type R sensors and the Type R CPU.

It does not matter how old the information is, this is better than the LS/V-TEC build !!
especially with the 2.0 GSR engine block!!!

Last edited:
Why the hell are you posting in here? THIS THREAD IS 4 FREAKIN' YEARS OLD! The original poster is long gone, nobody gives a shit!

And yes, you're right, a poor man's Type R is technically better than an LS/VTEC setup, but still, don't bring back dead conversations from years ago just so you can blab on about how you're a master Honda engine builder.

No one cares; stop being stupid! :slap:

Why the hell are you posting in here? THIS THREAD IS 4 FREAKIN' YEARS OLD! The original poster is long gone, nobody gives a shit!

And yes, you're right, a poor man's Type R is technically better than an LS/VTEC setup, but still, don't bring back dead conversations from years ago just so you can blab on about how you're a master Honda engine builder.

No one cares; stop being stupid! :slap:
:werd:

x2

I wouldn't even post here anymore if I was you.. half of what you think you know isn't even right. An OEM 2.0l GSR block? Get real....

Back