Someone killed on a bike tonight

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SasSi

I don't know any of the specifics, but my boyfriend & a bunch of his friends went riding tonight. After the group broke up to go home for the evening some of the people continued to ride togther. One of the guys has a police scanner & heard that there was a motorcycle fatality down in the Harwood area. We're all very worried that it might be someone we know.

If anyone has a police scanner in the southern Anne Arundel county, MD area, please see if you can find out anything. I tried to watch the news but b-ball is on instead & they rarely report anything on the news outside of all the crap that goes on in Baltimore. Also, if any of you has friends/family members that ride bikes, you might want to check in on them to make sure they're ok.

Originally posted by The Capital Newspaper@Jun 14 2004
Paul J. Bush, 54, of Lothian was killed last night when his Harley-Davidson motorcycle collided with a car in the Lyons Creek neighborhood near the Calvert County line.

County police said he apparently had been drinking.

Mr. Bush was westbound on Lower Pindell Road when he tried to cross Route 4 about 8:10 p.m. A southbound Buick LeSabre driven by a 17-year-old Camp Springs girl hit Mr. Bush's motorcycle.

He thrown onto the windshield and hood of the car before landing on the side of the road. The car spun out and hit several small trees before stopping.

The girl had minor injuries but refused medical treatment. Police said Mr. Bush was wearing a helmet not approved by the U.S. Department of Transportation.

It was on the front page of the newspaper today. I retrieved this from: http://www.hometownannapolis.com/cgi-bin/r...04/06_14-28/TOP

Apparently there were really bad accidents all over Maryland yesterday. It talks more about them in the linked article.

Back