someone PLEASE tell me what the "left" and "right" are

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Liberal - Adapts to change well.
Conservative - Resists Change

False, but thanks for playing.

You guys need to put the f*ckin Kool-aid down, seriously.

Gay marriage is a change.

koolaid.jpg

Enjoy.

lol.

I didn't even come up with that. I was taught it back in political science 250. years ago. It's a basic rule to build off of. Look up what conservative means, and what liberal means.

conservative (adj.) disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.

liberal (adj.) favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs.

conservative (adj.) disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.

liberal (adj.) favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs.

I take ojection to that. To say that either of the two main parties is in favor of reform is laughable at best...

Gay Marriage is self serving - Pay less taxes.

that's it. They can't be all sanctified in god, they are excommunicated.

Ploy to get better insurance rates that's it. I'm glad that we let people like that stomp on ANY and EVERY institution they want.

I got one, I'm lazy so I should qualify for the retired home owner discount, it's unfair to disqualify me because I'm not 55

Gay Marriage is self serving - Pay less taxes.

So is straight marriage. Or are you saying you pay more taxes being married?

that's it. They can't be all sanctified in god, they are excommunicated.

FUCK YOUR GOD. My marriage will not be sanctified by any deity. That makes it no less a marriage than any other.

Ploy to get better insurance rates that's it. I'm glad that we let people like that stomp on ANY and EVERY institution they want.

Hmmm... do interracial marriages stomp on that institution too?

That was the belief back in the 60's. We've had this little discussion before. You know how it ended up.

What's that about interracial marriages ?

You know... back in the 60's there was this hooplah (in my state to be exact, imagine that!) about how blacks and whites marrying was wrong in the eyes of God, how it would bring about all sorts of things like people marrying and having sex with dogs. Well, the second part happens, but not because of jungle fever. That's the internet for ya.

Basically the same kind of people, saying the same kind of things about the same concept: who can marry who.

Why does it bother you? It doesn't bother me.

Now people don't look twice at interracial couples. Acutally, I take that back... they look... A LOT. But they aren't up in arms about it anymore. They don't ban people from entire states or lock them up anymore. Why are we going over the same shit over and over again?

Christians. That's why.

The Church has welcomed people of all races into it's midst for centuries.

Gays, not included.

So why should the church allow people to marry in it's name ?

The Church has welcomed people of all races into it's midst for centuries.

Not to marry. Way back in the day the ONLY interracial marriage that was allowed was that of John Rolfe and Matoaka. As passionate as you are about such a subject, you should know all of this.

So why should the church allow people to marry in it's name ?

You assume that gays want to marry under the name of the Church. You assume horribly wrong. Marriage is no longer just the Church's game. However, as always, the Church sticks its nose into everything it possibly can.

Thank you, the two responses I was waiting for !!

"The word miscegenation was used in an anonymous propaganda pamphlet printed in New York City in late 1864, entitled Miscegenation: The Theory of the Blending of the Races, Applied to the American White Man and Negro. The pamphlet purported to be in favor of interbreeding of whites and blacks until the races were indistinguishably mixed, claiming that this was the goal of the United States Republican Party. The real authors were David Goodman Croly, managing editor of the New York World, a Democratic Party paper, and George Wakeman, a World reporter. The pamphlet soon was exposed as an attempt to discredit the Republicans, the Lincoln administration, and the abolitionist movement by exploiting the fears and racial biases common among whites. Nonetheless, this pamphlet and variations on it were reprinted widely in communities on both sides of the American Civil War by opponents of Republicans." Wikipedia.

Miscegenation is currently banned in Judaism, Islam and Hindu. It is not banned in Christianity. It would seem that Christians are the least of your problems. (But the sheer hatred of Christians in the US is too thick to see through, I'm sure)

Marriage without Religion doesn't exist. Marriage IS religion. so Pagan handfasting (recognised by US) and Unitarian conjoining (Also recognised) as well as various Native American marriages are recognised as Legal Marriage in the US.

You may pick any one of those that don't object to gay marriages. It's when you get turned down for a Christian Marriage (A priest won't show up) that it's a solely christian thing.

I am not passionate about marriage. I'm not even religious. I'm not even Christian / Baptised / Christened / what have you. I'm an Athiest, Agnostic, whatever. Religion never enters my mind.

What does enter my mind is the general health of my country. What I am passionate about is smashing the common myths and mis-givings of America's hateful Left.

I am not passionate about marriage. I'm not even religious. I'm not even Christian / Baptised / Christened / what have you. I'm an Athiest, Agnostic, whatever. Religion never enters my mind.

Okay. Explain this: How are you or how do you plan to get married? If marriage is all about religion, and you have none, how are you going to tie the knot?

What does enter my mind is the general health of my country. What I am passionate about is smashing the common myths and mis-givings of America's hateful Left.

This coming from someone who spews so much hatred towards Islam/France/anything not "patriotic"?

Funny.

Islam declared war on US. Dems seem to have a problem grasping this. Islam is about the only thing that I really "hate". my hatred of Haiti, for instance, isn't something that consumes me. I shrug and move on. I don't like my area's Albanians because of their little cult. That's the explanation of my stance. Now, what's yours ?

As far as my marriage, it didn't happen. I've been with my woman for a long time now. Talk of Marriage now is to make it a religious covenant in the church for her sake - She's Catholic, and would appreciate it. Her parent's would appreciate it, My parents would appreciate it, so it'll happen.

Back