Someone Please Verify

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

daveholiday

Do work
d16a6 block, d16y8 head. mini-me, yeah. anyway, the a6 timing belt is wayyyyyyyy too loose. Someone in another thread of mine said to use the belt off a d15b7, so I bought one, and its on. Anyway, as of right now, the belt is loose still. not near as loose as the a6 one, but still loose none the less, as in loose enough that I can put it on with ease. My tensioner is as tight as it'll go from what I'm aware of, if its not then it's stuck. Can someone please verify the belt? I'd love to get the rex on the road again before winter. Thanks guys.

-Dave

use the Y8 timing belt, my best friend is doing the same swap and thats what he's using, fits perfect.

okay, well then another question. I got the car running, but it's not making the power it should. Did your friend advance the timing at all? When I was told to use the b7 belt, I was also told to advance the timing 4.5 degrees. I think I may have left it advanced though, so that is my question.

well from what other people are saying and what calculators are telling me, I'm expecting around like 125 hp, or 110 whp, and supposedly, these are supposed to make around as much torque as a stock b16? I don't feel it at all.

Back